F O U R T E E N

Chan was feeling really well. His friends had accepted him and had provided him great advice on how to deal with the situation.

   "You should tell Jeonghan."

   What Hansol told him echoed through his head. Chan knew he had to, and he would eventually, but he was nervous. It was obvious Jeonghan wasn't very fond of Seungcheol, so Chan was afraid of the reaction.

   "Jeonghan? I'm home!" Chan called.

  "In the kitchen!" Jeonghan yelled back and Chan headed to the small room.

  "Hyung? I need to talk to you." Chan said as he entered the room.

  Jeonghan frowned and sat on one of the chairs around the kitchen table, motioning Chan to sit on the one next to him.

   "I already talked to my friends about this but I really wanted to tell you." Chan told the older, who stared Chan in the eye, with a preocupated expression.

  Chan took a deep breath before speaking.

   "I... I think I like Seungcheol." He finally said.

   "What!?" Jeonghan yelled, suddenly standing up.

   "You can't! That can't happen! Chan stay away from him!" Jeonghan yelled looking and Chan furiously.

   Chan then stood up too.

  "What!? I can't stay away from him! I just told you I think I like him!" Chan yelled back.

   "Well if you stop seeing each other you'll be sure you don't."

   At this point Chan was just hurt. Did Jeonghan not want Chan happy?

   "What is your problem!? You can have dick but I can't!? Do you want me to stay around while Starbucks boy is around!? Well flash news I don't want to be around you two, seeing you all happy and shit while I'm miserable because you forbid me to see the guy who I might just like!"  Chan yelled, tears forming in his eyes already.

   "I just don't want you to be hurt!" Jeonghan screamed.

   "Why would I be hurt!?" Chan asked loudly.

   "Because I liked him too!" Jeonghan finally said.

   There was a long silence, both Chan and Jeonghan trying to process what just happened.

   "What?" Chan asked, in an almost inaudible voice.

   Jeonghan sat back down and sighed.

   "I met Seungcheol in a bar, about two years ago. At first it was just sex, so I never told you about it, because you were so young, it would be weird to explain it to you. So I made up excuses and met him after work or in the weekends when you had stuff to do. But soon I developed something for him, a crush if I must. I couldn't handle not telling him, since I spent so much time with him, so I told him about my feelings. He said we should stop meeting up. I-I was beyond hurt. I didn't know what to do. I-I was sure he liked me back... He was so sweet to me and we did so many things together... I had spent months with him and to just suddenly stop? I don't want that to happen to you. I don't want you to be hurting over him." Jeonghan explained to Chan.

   The younger was stading in the middle of the kitchen, shocked. He was shocked not only because of the confession but also because of the reason Jeonghan didn't want him seeing Seungcheol.

   "So you fucked up and now I can't see him!? If you were this afraid of me getting hurt over him why did you even introduce us!? And you don't want me getting hurt over him!? No matter what now I'll be hurt, thanks to you. If he rejects me I'll be hurt, but if I suddenly stop seeing him I will surely be hurt too. The deed is done." Chan blurted out, grabbed his backpack and ran out of the house, tears widely running down his face.

   Chan had no destination, but his legs kept running somewhere.

   At some point said legs gave in, his head gave in, his eyes gave in, and he laid there, on the cold hard floor, as his lids closed and his mind went blank.