127

"I honestly have no idea how the fuck he found out where the party was at! And he has no right to just show up! He doesn't want the kids so Why was he there?"

I ranted to Seth as I removed my earrings.

"I don't know why you worry about him. He ain't shit, babe. And he'll never get involved in our family."

Seth said as he kissed my cheek.

"Mom?"

I heard from the doorway. I looked over to see Aria, still in her poofy dress from the party, with eyeliner and mascara running down her cheeks.

"What's wrong sweetie?"

I asked her as I wrapped her up in a hug.

"I told Dad where the party is. I snuck out to his house and told him. I'm so sorry. I just wanted our family back together but he's still with that fucking bitch!"

She sobbed into my shoulder. I looked over at Seth as I rubbed her back.

"It's okay sweetie. It's not your fault. He showed up and he showed up with her."

"Why doesn't he want us anymore, Mom?"

Aria asked me. It broke my heart hearing her this upset.

"Because he was looking for something different. Sometimes forever ends sooner than you think. And sometimes people lie to you and tell you that they love you when they'd rather be with someone else. He loves you guys. I know it in my heart. But he didn't love you enough to stay. And I know that sucks to hear but it's the truth. But I'm here. And Seth's here. And we're all gonna be a big, happy family. Even if it's without your dad, Okay?"

"Okay."

She said as she lifted her head off my shoulder.

"Good. Now, dry your tears, get out of that dress, and get ready for bed."

I said as I wiped her tears. I sighed as she walked out of the room. Fergal fucked with her head and now I'm here to clean up the pieces. Cause that's all he does; fucks with people's heads. And, unfortunately, Aria is his latest victim.