Chapter 4: Gathering Information

Only a few days have passed since the meeting about the Isle of the Lost. Brelyn has been more stressed than ever. The subject of being queen just terrified her. When she first found out she was Ben and Mal's daughter, she thought being a princess of the land would be easy-peasy. Now, she was starting to second guess everything. Her being the first queen born into the royal family added a ton of more stress as well. On top of it all, she had to balance all her duties with school. Brelyn sometimes questioned why sixteen was the coronation age for a king or queen. She was still growing as a person.

Brelyn rushed to her locker to grab something. Suddenly, Ben approached the young princess. She was shocked to see her father by her locker. "Woah, dad," she said with a little bit of fright. "You scared me."

"Sorry about that sweetie," Ben replied.

"It's fine."

"Everything alright?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm good," Brelyn replied. "I've just been a little stressed about the whole queen thing lately."

"Well, I've got something to help with that," he said as he dragged Brelyn away from her locker.

"Wha-um, dad, I've got class to get to."

"Not until I surprise you with this!" he said as he brought her to a lavender scooter.

Brelyn gasped in surprise. She had always wanted one ever since Ben and Mal took her on a ride when they told her that she was their daughter. "Dad," Brelyn said. "This is amazing. I love it!" Brelyn then jumped into her father's arms. "Thank you."

"You are very welcome," Ben responded as he put his daughter back onto the ground. "Just thought you would like something to make you stress less. Remember, just relax. You'll be fine. You just need to show Auradon that you are ready to be queen."

"Better said than done," Brelyn replied.

"We'll see," Ben replied. He looked at his watch. "I've got to go. See you after school's done?" 

Brelyn nodded in response. "Okay, see ya."

"Bye," Brelyn said as she watched her father run off to do whatever kingly thing he does.

"Nice ride," Jacey said as her, Elaina, and Cayla approached Brelyn.

"You like? My dad got it for me."

"This is amazing!" Cayla said.

"By the way," Elaina began. "Are you going to Alyssa's party?"

"Alyssa?" Brelyn asked. "The daughter of Alli? Alice in Wonderland's granddaughter?"

"That's the one."

"I don't think I have anything planned for today," Brelyn said as she mentally went over her schedule. "I think I can make it."

"Great," Jacey said. "Alyssa said she really wanted you to come. She thinks you'll make the party better with your magic."

"W-Wait," Brelyn said in confusion. "My magic?" The three girls nodded. "My mom says I shouldn't be using my magic very often. Especially in situations like this. Mom said I should only use my magic in dire circumstances."

"But aren't you learning how to use your magic?" Cayla asked.

"Yes," Brelyn replied. "But my mom is holding off for a while so that I can focus on all of my queen stuff. She won't even teach me to turn into a dragon yet."

"Why would you even need to turn into a dragon?" asked Elaina.

"To be cool of course," Brelyn replied. "Wait, doesn't your mom have any kind of magic?"