IHMFB : THIRTY FOUR

Yeonjun sat in the back of the classroom, idle chatter from his classmates blared in the background.

Honestly, he didn't feel like waking up that particular morning— wishes he could stay in bed all day, alone. But sadly, school was a necessity (for some fucking reason), so now he was here.

"Jihoon! Jihoonie!" A voice came, and Yeonjun gripped his pen tighter.

Soobin was calling for the black haired boy, who was talking to Beomgyu.

Just pay attention to your homework, dumbass— Yeonjun thought, but he saw Jihoon walk up to Soobin.

"Hey, baby. What's up?" Jihoon asked, cupping Soobin's face.

Soobin smiled up at him and leaned up to press their lips up for a second. Yeonjun's breath hitched and he looked down at the assignment.

Soobin pulled away, and then pointed at the sheet on his desk, "I finished the assignment. Let's check the answers?" Soobin asked, and Jihoon nodded.

"Sure!" Jihoon said energetically, and then looked at his paper.

"Woah, you've got everything right. Me too!" Jihoon said, and Soobin smiled at his enthusiasm.

"Soobin, how is your art piece coming along?" Lucy asked, sitting on her seat.

Soobin looked at her, "Good! I'm planning to do a renaissance inspired gay painting." Soobin said, and Lucy laughed.

Yeonjun felt his insides bloom at that. Soobin got so happy doing art, it made Yeonjun happy.

Soobin got this look in his eyes when something excites him, and that look is something that excites Yeonjun.

"Woah, really?! I used to do art too!" Jihoon said, smiling at Soobin, "I won the France Art Fair last year— got an award and everything, but I don't want to continue with art here." Jihoon said pouting a little.

"You did art?! That's awesome!" Soobin said, and then tilted his head, "You probably haven't heard of this gay, Stanislav Aristov? My new piece is inspired by his-"

"God, I love him! Did you see his work on the New York art exhibition? King!" Jihoon said, and Soobin gasped, giggling.

Both continued talking about their favorite artists, favorite subjects, and all the rest. They had everything in common, it seemed.

Yeonjun looked at the back of Soobin's head, trying not to get upset over it. He had to try to be happy at least for today.

Today was the worst day of all.

One, tonight he had his first match where he wouldn't be the captain. Two, the science teacher said she wanted to speak to him, which can never be good.

And lastly, today was the anniversary of Yeonjun's mother's death.

Yeonjun just took his earphones out of his bag and put them into his ear, turning his phone on to put some random music on. While he had no music playing, he heard some voices on his side.

"Seriously, I'd never date a guy like Yeonjun." One of them said.

"Me neither. I mean, he's hot— that's understandable, but he's a such a dick." The other one answered.

"Preach, sis! My mom told me to never date a guy who bullies people." The girl said softly, and then looked to make sure Yeonjun wasn't listening and looked back at her friends.

"Honestly, I think Yeonjun is a type of boyfriend who can hit his girlfriend when he gets mad."

Yeonjun's breath hitched, and he fumbled to put on some music so he could stop hearing those words.