Chapter 8

Perci's POV

   Well, needless to say that I accepted Annabeth's offer. I mean, what kind of son (or daughter) of Poseidon would I be if I rejected a good swim? And I was definitely excited. Annie told me to meet everyone at the lake after lunch.
   So around noon, I went to the pavilion to eat. I ate some really good slices of blue pizza and Coke.
   Apparently, the Aphrodite incident didn't stay unnoticed.
   Let me just say that I never got so many stares and wolf whistles from the boys on all my life!
   From the girls, all I got was some jealous stares. It was rather weird.
   I was a bit uncomfortable by the time I got back to my cabin. I got some flip flops but stayed with the same clothes I was already wearing. I hadn't really thought about the possibility of having to wear something else... After all, I could just stay dry and everything would be just fine.
   I then went to the lake and saw everyone.
   "Hey guys" I said with a smile.
   "Hi Perce." Jason and Leo waved.
   "Oh my gods Perci, what are you wearing?" The girls asked me.
   "Uhmm, clothes?"
   "We're swimming! You need a swim suit."
   I was starting to imagine how this was going to end, and it was not good.
   "But my swim trunks won't fit, and I think they are a little inappropriate." I told them.
   Annabeth and Piper face palmed:
   "We're talking about a girl swim suit!"
   "And I'm hoping you don't expect me to wear one of those!" I responded.
   I knew this was coming.
   "You need to, or else you can't get into the water." Piper said.
   "I can just keep myself dry. No big deal."
   "No. Come on, we're getting you a bikini!" Annabeth said and grabbed my right arm, while Piper grabbed the other. "We'll be back in a sec guys!" They said to the boys.
   "Take your time ladies!" Leo said grinning widely.
   "No way I'm wearing a bikini! No!" I yelled, trying to get away from they grip, but they just kept pulling me towards the cabin.
   "Oh yeah, bet you are!" Annabeth told me.
   It didn't matter how much I tried, I just couldn't scape. And for the second time just today, I gave up.
   They ushered me to my cabin, while I held a grim expression, as if heading to my doom (which I kind of was).
   I saw a few campers laughing at the sight of us, after watching my useless struggles to get away. Whatever...
Piper got the bag of clothes they'd given me earlier and fished a green bikini. I do not want to wear this.
"Here Perci. We thought you would need a bikini so we chose one that would match the color of your eyes. It's just perfect." She said grinning widely.
"Go try it on Perci!" Annabeth said already pushing me to the bathroom.
"I have no choice, do I?"
"No"
So I tried it. But I felt like I was going out in my underwear. Really tiny underwear. No way. I had left one of my shirts in the bathroom, and I thought it would be great to cover me. I put it on. It was huge and several numbers bigger than me, but it covered my body, so it was fine.
"You're taking soooo long Perci" Piper complained from outside.
I sighed and got out of the bathroom.
They looked at me disapprovingly.
"You'll need to take that shirt off"
"I don't want to"
"You have to"
"Ahhh" I sighed exasperated.
"I'm sure you'll look great without it!" Piper told me.
"Oh yeah..."
"But you can keep the shirt for now. Let's go back to the lake." Annabeth said while heading to the door.
We followed her.
When we got there, Annabeth and Piper started to take their shirts off. Don't worry, they were already with their bikinis.
Annabeth was wearing a beautiful gray one.
"Wow Annie. You're so hot!" I realized it as soon as I said it. It was just wrong. She looked at me with a shocked expression. "Uhmm, I mean, uh..."
"It's ok. Thanks Perci." She said while looking at her feet.
Okay then. I went to talk with the boys.
  "C'mon, let's get in the water already!" I said.
   The lake was so beautiful and the water seemed to call me. I couldn't just stay there looking at it. So, even if I didn't want to do so, I took my shirt off.
   "Uhuu, hot stuff over here!" Leo said eyeing me down and Jason nodded approvingly.
   "Shut up" I said blushing.
   The body I saw when I glanced down wasn't mine. It was a swimmers body,with great abs. It was beautiful, but I couldn't admit it, since it was my own body. I just shook it off and headed to the lake.
   As soon as my feet touched the water, I felt instantly relieved. All my worries just went away and I relaxed. It felt so good being in the the lake. The guys and the girls entered as well and started playing with the water.
   I dove deeper into the water and swam. I looped and played with the fishes. All of a sudden, an idea popped in my mind. I approached the guys under the water without letting them notice me. I started to pinch their legs and watch as they were surprised and started to accuse one another and hit each other. I laughed so hard! When I got my head out of the water they all looked at me angrily.
   "PERCI!" They all yelled in unison as they started to chase me. I ran in the water and willed it to splash their faces.
   We played during the entire afternoon and it was awesome. I made huge waves and bodysurfed in them, and we played hide and seek, which I obviously won, since I could see everything underwater.
   When the sun was settling down we went to the pavilion to eat. We didn't had time to take a bath before that, so we would do it later. My hair was soaking wet, as well as my whole body, now partially covered by my also wet shirt. Chiron let us sit in the same table for once and we all shared a big pepperoni pizza.
   "Seriously! Perci definitely cheated!" Leo complained.
   "No I didn't!" I defended myself.
   "Using your powers was totally unfair!"
   "You're just saying that because you're not as good in the water as I am."
   "I'm no daughter of Poseidon!"
   "That's your problem, not mine!" I said cracking a smiled. It was just so fun to annoy Leo.
   He frowned and ate another slice of pizza.
   Dinner went by smoothly and soon after the campfire everyone got to the cabins.
   I went to the bathroom to wash my hair. It was more difficult than before, probably because it was longer. It took about ten minutes for me to finish my bath. I put on one of my favorite shirts and a boxer and lied on my bed. I was pretty tired after today. I was almost asleep when I heard a knock in my door.
   I got up and opened the door.
   Annabeth and Piper were standing there with sleeping bags, music players, and snacks.
   "What do you guys want?" I asked groggily.
   "We came here for a sleepover!" Piper answered with a grin.
   "Uhm?"

A/N
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. My summer break will start next week, so I'll try to update more often. Anyways, if you liked the story so far, please vote and leave a comment, it means a lot to me :) Byee