CHAPTER 20: CONVERT

We all have that one friend who will always be there for us, maybe laughing at our small mistakes but will always be there to help us and be with us in times of need.

                                      ~ Princess👸👑

Jeff's POV

I couldn't sleep at night, I was thinking about the conversation I had with Aliyah. She's a religious, lively and nice to people who came across her. I really need to talk to her tomorrow, my mind isn't at ease. I reached for my phone the table and I texted her, we exchanged numbers after the conversation we had this afternoon after school.

   Aliyah, I really need your help tomorrow, I'm unease. Can we meet at the library at the normal time tomorrow? Please

         ~Jeff

I place my phone beside me waiting for reply. After 30minutes of waiting for her reply, she did not reply.

   An hour later, my phone beeped and it's a message from Aliyah:

Hope no problem, gonna meet you there tomorrow, Insha Allah

           ~Ali

Thank God, she replied, I said to myself and I drifted to sleep without taking dinner.

Aliyah's POV

I was reciting the Qur'an when my phone beeped and I decided to finish the surah before checking my phone. An hour later, I folded the musallah and put in the closet and I removed my hijab and sat on my bed. I decided to check my phone and it was message from Jeff,what's up with him? I said to myself.

    I read his message and I replied. Why did he need my help? And on what? I keep asking myself questions. I listened to nasheeds on my phone before I was drifted to sleep.

It's Tuesday morning, after praying fajr namaaz, I went back to sleep and I woke up 7am in the morning. I dashed into the bathroom to take my bath. Since it's Tuesday, i wanna look simple, I opened my closet and I took out a black abaya, white shoes, white hijab and white bag. I went downstairs for breakfast and I met my mum setting the food on the dining table.

Salam alaikum ummi,I greeted giving her a peck

Walaikum salam, habibti, how was your night? She asked

Alhamdullilah, it was fine and yours, I said

Same, she replied

What's for breakfast? I asked

Toast, jam, omelette and tea, she said

Oh!! That's nice, I said serving the food

After eating, I headed to school in my car. Halimah and ghazala are not coming to school today, they've a function to attend. Today is gonna be boring, I murmured softly.

Hi Ali, greeted Jeff

Hi, I replied meekly

Hope you didn't forget, he said

Not at all, I said

Ok, he said and the lecturer walked into the class

After the long boring class, the lecturer left the class and I headed to the cafe for lunch. Today is boring without my friends, WHAT A BORING TUESDAY???? After the day's lectures, I headed to the school park, I was about to ignite the car when I remembered that I've an appointment with Jeff. I quickly get down from the car and headed to the school library.

On getting there, I saw him at our usual seats, reading some books. I walked up to him.

Hello, I said siting down