Prolouge

Mon-el starts to cough louder and louder and Kara looks at him with worry. She has to get him out of here.

"Alex, can you do something for me?"

Kara takes Mon-el and flies him across town. They meet up with Alex and Naomi, accompanied by Kara's pod. Alex hands Naomi over Kara, gets in her car, and drives back to the DEO. The family needs to say their goodbyes alone and Alex did not want to witness her sister and niece go through all the pain. Mon-el continues to cough but only this time, it sounds worse.

"Kara-"

"No stop talking, save your energy."

"Kara... where ever I go. I'm going to be better because of you. You gave me a life that I could've never imagined having and the most perfect daughter. The both of you will always be in my heart. And I promise I'm going to be the man that you taught me to be. I promise."

"You've made me so happy." Kara smiles through her tears.

Naomi looks up at both of her parents in pure confusion, as she's seeing their tears slide down from their cheeks.

"Why you crying? What's happening?"

"Everything is going to be okay baby." Kara whispers, planting a kiss on her cheek. Kara takes off her necklace and places it in Mon-el's hand.

"Take this. This will keep you safe."

Kara pulls him in for a quick kiss and the tears start to cloud her vision. She quickly wipes them away and places her hand on Mon-el's face.

"I love you. I should've said it more."

"I love you." Mon-el replies. He then takes Naomi out of Kara's arms and gives her one last, tight hug. He places a kiss on the top of her head and takes in the scent of her peach shampoo. His most comforting scent.

"I love you so much Mimi. More than anything." Mon-el smiles. He takes in another deep breath and looks down at his daughter. "Be good for your Mama okay?"

"No where you go Daddy?"

"I don't want to go but I have to. Promise me you'll be strong and brave for Mama. She really needs you to be okay? Can you do that for me?"

"I promise."

"I love you my Naomi Elle Danvers." Mon-el ends, kissing her forehead.

"I love you too."

Mon-el hands Naomi back over to Kara and gives Kara one last kiss. He quickly jumps into the pod and closes the door, looking back at his girls. He clings onto the necklace and Kara gives him a small wave. Mon-el starts the pod and flies it off the ground.

"Mama where he going? Mama! Mama why he fly away." Naomi screams. She hops out of her mother's arms and chases her father's pod as he flies out to space.

"No Daddy. Come back. Come back!" Naomi cries, running out towards the field. Kara stands behind her and sobs, watching her daughter screaming for her father to return. She slowly comes up behind Naomi and scoops her up into a hug.

"Dddd...ad...dddyy." Naomi cries, barely managing to get any words out.

"Shhhh." Kara whispers. "It's going to be...okay."

As Kara watches the pod finally leave her vision, she realizes her life is changing. Now, she has to wake up in an empty bed in the mornings. She has to raise her daughter without a father. She has to figure out how to do it all, alone.

But one day, he will return. He will come back to his family. Kara's pain and sorrow will never overcloud her hope. That hope will keep her going for as long as she needs it to.