1

The warm sunlight shines through the window and beams onto the faces of the couple. Mon-el's eyes slowly open and finds Kara, resting her head on his chest as she peacefully sleeps. He stares in awe at his gorgeous girlfriend and starts to hear giggles from down the hall. Looking at the clock, it is now 8:30. The time his daughter should be waking up.

Carefully, he wiggles out of Kara's grasp and walks down the hall. He walks up to the door with a letter N in front of it and slowly swings it open. Inside is his precious baby girl, pretending to still be asleep.

"Oh I guess if Mimi isn't awake I'll have to make breakfast without her." Mon-el jokes.

"No! Daddy I awake. See!" Naomi beams, jumping right out of bed. She runs right into her father's arms and Mon-el immediately plants a kiss on her forehead.

"Good morning my princess."

"Hi Daddy."

Mon-el carries her to the bathroom and brushes her teeth. He lifts her outside and the two of them start off their morning with a stack of pancakes and a side of bacon. Kara wakes up to the scent of breakfast and dashes over to the kitchen the second her eyes open.

"Pancakes?!"

"And bacon. Morning babe." Mon-el smiles, kissing her.

"Morning," Kara chuckles. "Smells delicious."

"Yeah lets hope so." Mon-el jokes.

"And good morning baby." Kara cheers, giving her daughter million of kisses on her cheeks.

"Morning Mama."

Kara takes a seat next to Mon-el, while Naomi immediately jumps right into her lap. She starts cutting up the pancakes into pieces and leaves it on the plate for Naomi to eat.

"Baby not your hands. The fork remember?" Kara reminds. The little one pouts and grabs her fork off the table. She slowly manages to feed herself using the fork and making a mess everywhere. Kara let's out a sigh and wipes off her daughter's face. The phone suddenly rings and Kara immediately gets up to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Kara... Kara... Kara..."

"Kara... Kara... Kara you there?"

"I'm here. I see the truck, going in."

Kara flies down to the street and stops the car. She goes inside and knocks out a couple guys with the help of Alex. Together, they take all the criminals down and send them back into their jail cells. Alex goes back to the DEO and finish off the paper work for the cases, while Kara tags along.

"Kara go home it's late. We're pretty much done. I can handle the rest of this."

"Alex I'm not going-"

"Go home. For Mimi."

Sighing, Kara nods and flies out of the DEO. She comes home and finds the baby sitter reading on the couch. The elderly woman smiles at the sight of the young mother and informs her on how the night went. Kara nods along and hands Angela her check before escorting her out the door. She walks down the hallway and looks at all the photos hanging on the wall, the photos of her and her little family. She stops at her favorite and pulls it off the wall. It was Naomi's first birthday.

Kara finishes off the birthday cake and Mon-el comes in with the video camera and little Naomi.

"Look Mimi is Mama making you your cake? Doesn't it look good? But it isn't the only thing looking good." Mon-el chuckles. Kara slaps his arm and laughs at his comment. She lights the candle with her laser eyes and Mon-el hands Naomi over to her. She holds the cake with one hand and Naomi in the other as she starts singing happy birthday. Everyone else chimes in with the song and cheers as they see the smiling one year old clap along to the old tune.

"Happy birthday to you.... blow out the candle Mimi." Mon-el smiles, recording the whole moment. The baby attempts to blow out the candle but Kara sneaks up behind her and blows it out. Everyone else around her claps and watches as the child digs her hands into the cake. She smears it all over the table and her dress but Kara didn't care, the girl is just too damn cute. Mon-el grabs her shoulder and plants a kiss on the side of her head.

"We did it. A whole year." He whispers.

"Mama... Mama?" Naomi whines. Kara snaps out of her thoughts and walks into Naomi's room. She opens the door and finds her daughter clinging onto her father's hoodie. Kara takes a seat at the edge of her bed and strokes the girl's little dark brunette ringlets.

"Yeah Baby I'm here." Kara whispers.

"Mama you looking at Daddy again? In pictures?"

"I was." Kara sighs.

"When Daddy back?" Naomi wonders. "I miss him."

"I don't know Baby but I miss him too," Kara fake smiles.

The resemblance between Naomi and Mon-el is crazy. She has it all. His smile, his nose, his crazy hair. When Naomi first came into the world, Kara wasn't even sure this child was hers until she opened her eyes. Those bright blue eyes that could easily cast you under her spell. Those were Mon-el's weakness. He could never say no to those puppy eyes she always gave him.

"Come on back to bed it's getting late."

"I wanna sleep in big bed with Mama." Naomi whines.

"No baby you slept there last night. You have to learn to sleep in your big girl bed. You wanted your big girl bed remember?"

"Please Mama..." Naomi begs, using her puppy eyes. Kara accepts defeat and lifts her daughter up. She sets the little one in bed and cuddles into the sheets. Naomi sinks into her mother's arms and cuddles close to her chest.

"Goodnight Baby. I love you." Kara whispers, planting a kiss on Naomi's forehead.

"I love you too."

••••

For those who haven't read any of my previous stories, Hi. Lately I've been obsessed with the DCTV shows and Supergirl has been my favorite of them all. But Mon-el's return to the show clearly wasn't what anyone was really expecting so here's a story to keep you at bay till Karamel is reunited (let's face it, we all know they're getting back together just be patient). Anyways, updates are pretty random and sometimes slow so apologies in advance. Thanks so much for reading and more to come.