5

"Mama! Mama! Mama! Mama!" Naomi screams, jumping onto Kara's bed. "It's my birthday!"

"No your birthday is tomorrow."

"No Mama it's today. See August 7. See Mama look, your phone says August 7."

"I know. I'm just messing with you. Happy birthday baby girl," Kara chuckles, wrapping her arms around her daughter. "No more growing up. Four is big enough."

"Mama is silly. I can't do that." Naomi giggles.

Kara looks up at her bouncing daughter and couldn't believe that she's officially four years old. Man does the time fly by. Throughout the years, Kara has fought many aliens and meta humans but the pain from those battles were nothing compared to having Naomi. Hours of painful labor and screaming, lead to the most incredible thing in her life. Little Miss Naomi Elle Danvers. As sassy, difficult, and crazy she may be, there is nothing Kara could possibly love more than her daughter. Whether she knows it or not, Naomi has helped Kara in more ways than she can count. Her laugh, her smile, her radiating energy, they all got Kara though the toughest time in her life.

"Okay how about we go get dressed and head out for breakfast with Auntie Lena?
I heard she has a big surprise for you."

"Yay! Auntie Lena!" Naomi shouts. Kara chuckles at her daughter's excitement and rolls out of bed. Together, they dance around the apartment while getting ready for the day. Kara picks out a pastel yellow collared tank, a pair of blue denim shorts, and white converse for Naomi to wear. After getting dressed, the two of them head out to Cherry Blossom, their favorite little café. Kara and Naomi walk into the small restaurant and Naomi immediately sprints over to Lena, who's sitting at a table in the back.

"Auntie Lena!!" Naomi beams, crashing into the CEO's arms.

"Hey there bubba. Happy Birthday."

"Thank yous."

"Let me guess you're two now?"

"No." Naomi giggles. "Try again."

"Three?"

"No."

"Five?"

"I'm four. Auntie Lena, four."

"Four? How could I forget four?" Lena chuckles. "Hey Kara how's it going? Enjoying the time off?"

"Very much. Thanks again for letting me take a few weeks off. I just felt-" Kara answers.

"You don't have to explain, I'm glad you're working things out."

The two of them have a catch up while Naomi anxiously sits in her chair, eyeing the present Lena has sitting next to her. She slowly shuffles her way over to the present and attempts to take a peek but Kara stops her before she could get the chance to.

"After food baby. Be patient."

Naomi storms her way back to her seat as the waiter brings out their salads and sandwiches. She stuffs her face with the sandwich and gulps down a glass of water along with it.

"Okay Mama I done now may I open?"

"Not until we have cake." Kara smiles.

Naomi takes a seat in Kara's lap and the waiter brings out a cupcake with three candles on it. Lena whips out her phone and starts recording  Naomi. The two women start singing Naomi Happy Birthday while the child claps along to the tune.

"Happy birthday to you...." Kara beams. "Make a wish Baby."

Naomi closes her eyes and thinks long and hard about her wish. Thirty seconds later, she blows out the candles and everyone in the cafe claps for her. Embarrassed, she buries her head in her mother's hair and Lena hands her her present. Naomi starts to open up the box and inside is a blue and white checkered dress. Along with it is a pair of red slippers and two blue hair bows.

"ITS DOROTHY! I got a Dorothy dress!" Naomi squeals, pulling the dress out of the box. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Auntie Lena."

"Oh that's not all. What's Dorothy without her Toto?" Lena smirks. Eve walks in with a small cairn terroir puppy in a wicker basket and hands it to Naomi.

"I love him! Thank you forever! I love you Auntie Lena." Naomi beams, hugging the puppy.

"Aww of course. I love you too, bubba." Lena smiles back, kissing Naomi's cheeks.
"You want to try it on?"

"Yes please. Now please!"

Kara gives Lena a small glare when Eve hands over the puppy. Naomi has been asking for a puppy since she could remember but it's a lot of responsibility and time that Kara just didn't have at the moment. But when she saw Naomi's reaction, it was enough convincing she needed to take on the extra responsibility. For the first time in months, Kara saw something that she truly missed, her daughter's genuine bright smile.

Suddenly, Kara's phone goes off and gets a message from the DEO, mentioning something about a strange ship.

"Crap. Alex got into some car trouble and needs me to come get her out of town. Do you think you could watch Naomi for an hour or two?" Kara asks.

"Of course. I love spending time with my little munchkin."

"Okay thank you so much Lena." Kara smiles. She walks over to Naomi and plants a kiss on her forehead and whispers "Supergirl. I'll be back soon." Kara quickly heads out of the restaurant and meets up with Winn and J'onn. They find the ship's location on the surface and come up with ways to get down to it.

"Okay stand back. Everyone please stand back." Kara shouts.

"Hey hey hey. I have a better way. It might feel a little weird." J'onn warns. He hugs the two DEO members and transports them to the unknown ship.

"Can we please do that again?" Winn gasps.

Both Kara and J'onn give him a weird look and continue to look around. They find mysterious pods that seem to contain people inside. As they continue to look around, they start to hear noises coming from one of the doors. A man comes out with a gun and points it directly at Kara.

"Look we're not here to hurt you." Kara states.

The man takes a few steps closer to the light and lowers his gun down. The three of them are in shock, seeing who the man is.

"Kara?" Mon-el asks. Kara walks closer to him and touches the side of his face, messing with the beard. She pulls him into a hug and holds onto him tight.

"I've missed you." Kara whispers.

"Me too."

Hey guys! I'm back with another chapter and was wondering, should I make chapters longer or are they at a good length? Let me know in the comments and I'll update whenever I can. Thank you so much for reading and have an awesome day!