Chapter 2

© All Rights Reserved

As predicted I didn't make my teachers too happy. Not to mention Sarah kept on hounding me on what was going on between me and Nathan. I kept telling her nothing but to no avail that didn't stop her from asking me.

Apparently a kiss on the cheek means something. The first three periods there was just non-stop questions and boy was it getting annoying.

Finally, after what felt like forever, the bell rang. Lunch was here and I have never been so happy that it was. I walked out of the classroom with Sarah by my side humming to a song.

"I've got a surprise for you and I know you're going to love it!" Sarah announced looking really excited. What was she so excited about this time?

"What is it?" I asked, not turning to look at her. I really hated surprises.

"Well I can't tell you, it's a surprise." Her tone kind of implied that I wasn't smart enough to figure it out on my own.

"Then why did you tell me you had a surprise for me?" I scoffed while stuffing my bag in my locker.

"Well you'll see why I told you and you're going to be really happy, well I hope you're really happy because I worked hard for this surprise and if you don't like it well then-"

"Sarah!" I shouted. " Please just tell me the suprise and don't worry you know I'll like it no matter what it is."

"Okay, well lets head to the cafeteria so I can tell you the surprise!" She grabbed my wrist and practically dragged me to the cafeteria.

Sarah and I grabbed our lunches and carried the trays over to our usual spot, where me and my other friends sat.

I plopped down in between Sarah and my best friend, Ryan. He was kind of like the older brother I never had.

"Hey Ry, whats up?" I asked.

"Hey Abby, and you know me nothing exciting ever goes on in my life."

"So I'm guessing nothing's up?" I cracked a smile. He always answers my 'whats up' questions if he really has nothing to say.

"Okay guys enough with the chit-chat. I already told Abby we had a surprise for her, so why don't we tell her now!" Sarah exclaimed with a huge grin on her face.

"We?" I asked.

"Yup, we!" Okay so now I was really curious as to what the surprise was. "Okay Abby well thanks to me, each of us our going to audition for a part in the play!"

"Seriously? Last year I asked you guys and you said no." Last year I had asked each and every one of my friends to do the play with me and they said it was, and I quote 'a waste of time' and 'why pretend to be someone you're not.' I don't know how Sarah managed to get them in the play this year but I was really happy about it.

"Well we decided since it's our senior year, that we'd do something together, although I had to agree to do some things I really don't want to do just so that they could audition." Sara looked a little annoyed about it. Well our friends can be like that.

"Seb, Hanna, Kate, you guys are going to do it for sure? No backing out right?" I asked

"Yes! I figured it'd be fun!" Hanna chirped. Hanna had been my friend since middle school. Hanna had natural red hair with hazel eyes and she was also one my great friends. She stood at 5'5", had a perfect figure and she was about the happiest person you could ever meet.

"Seb?"

"Yes Abby I'm doing the play too and no I'm not backing out. Is that an okay answer for you?" Seb teased with a little smile on his lips. Seb had been my best friend since the beginning of freshman year. He stood at 6'2", had black hair and the prettiest sky blue eyes. He also has a toned body because he played football. I always thought he was handsome but I never thought of him as nothing more and nothing less than a friend