1. The meeting

It felt like I was dreaming, but I still can't face the fact. This feeling. These unknown words. They linger within me. It was a rainy day. I was alone, but I was also little. My mum didn't come, so I thought I should walk home. I didn't have my umbrella at the time, so I ran in the rain. It was my first time walking home alone and I tried to remember how I got home when I was with my mum. Every step I took, the hazier my mind became. I was lost... cold... hungry... and scared. It was getting dark and the rain did not stop. I sheltered myself from the rain and ended up under the bridge. I lay there, wondering. Where was my mum? What happened to her? Should I have stayed and waited for a while? Is everyone worried about me right now? What time is it? I was so young and barely strong enough to stay awake. It felt like my sanity was slipping but even though I didn't want to sleep, I was so... so very tired. The cold began to set, numb to my feet and to my head. I may have been young and barley knows the ways of life, I know that, I won't be able to have my 8th birthday... 7 years... such a short time span.

It was dark. I felt a warm embrace. I thought death was cold and sad but it felt warm and somehow, happy.

I woke up in a large bed. The room was dim and cold. My vision was bleary but I knew I wasn't at home or the hospital, so...where am I? In this silent room, I can hear footsteps coming this way. The door opened wide, letting in a bright light like no other. "You are awake, how are you feeling?" I looked at the tall man with a gentle smile on his face. "I'm fine...where am I? What happened to me? Who are you?" I did not know anything and when I ask a question, another question is formed. "You are at my place, I found you under the bridge near the park. You slept for almost 2 day straight with a horrible flu, I, myself thought you were dead but you where still breathing. Oh! Before I forget, my apologies malady, my name is Stefan, Stefan Van Helsing." I looked at him and then I opened my mouth "my name is....is...? I...I can't remember. Who am I?" I forgot who I am, family, and friends, everything. "It's ok" said Stefan "your memorises might come back so don't worry". Stefan sat on the bed near me putting his hand on my head and stroking my hair. I felt safe in his warm embrace, his hand on my head made everything feel so calm and sweet, like the world had just given me another chance of life, thanks to one single person.

Without knowing it, I fell into a deep sleep right next to him. His shoulders felt so nice and his sent was so sweet. "Sweet dreams" he said. That was the last thing I heard from him, and I swear to god, I felt a small smile on my face.

About a week later, bits of my memories came back to me, and after another week past, I was taken home. For a long time I had stayed with him, I couldn't even remember his name anymore. For some time I have been wondering and thinking, until I stopped and went out to look for him. I didn't know why, I just felt like I wanted to see him and thank him for all he did. Just when I turned around the corner, Liu and his friends came out.

"Well look who it is, Jasmine" Liu was the schools bully, his never gets into trouble from the teachers, because his father is the principle of the school. "Leave me alone Liu" knowing him, he never listens to anyone and he gets what he wants; "not until you give me $5.00, and maybe I might leave you alone". I was angry and I didn't want to deal with this "Liu, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!" I was so angry, he gets to do what he wants to do and get away with only a little slap on the wrist. Liu grabbed me by the shirt and started yelling "NO ONE YELLS AT ME. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, HUH!? MY FATHER WILL THROW YOU OUT OF THIS SCHOOL!!!!" he punched me in the stomach. I feel to the ground and Liu's friends started kicking me; then, Liu picked me up by the hair "say you're sorry and we will leave you alone" I Looked at Liu and his three friends. "GO to hell" I said with no fear in dying, Liu smiled, "okay then" Liu slammed me agents the wall and used me as a punching bag. It hurt so much that in the end, I just started to laugh at my own pain. Liu thought I was crazy. He let me go and walked away; then, after a few seconds, I fell to the ground. I thought I was going to die again without seeing him; I'm sorry, I wish I could have thanked you for all that you did, I'm sorry. "I'm sorry..." I passed out. I can hear some voices but I don't know who it is or where it was coming from, but all I can say is that the arms wrapped around me is a very warm. I opened my eyes to see the man, carrying me with blood on his coat. He notices me and looked down with a gentle smile, "well good evening my lady" I looked with wide eyes; it was really him. I flinch with pain in my stomach and head; he sat me down on the beach near the park.

"Excuse me, who are you?" I said with a painful expression but he looked at me like I know the answer. "Have you forgotten me already? Try to remember" I thought really hard about it "OH! You're ...Stefan...Von Helsing?" he smiled and nodded, "that is indeed my name but you can just call me Stefan". He picked me up once again and carried me home, but my family was not there at that time. "Sorry, my family don't really come home until somewhere around 6 o'clock but even if they did come home, we don't spend much time together". He looked at me with sadness in his eyes "so you are all alone for 3 hours" he looked down "don't worry, it's just that they are way too busy to spend time with me so it can't be helped". He carried me up to my room and got the first aid kit from the wardrobe. At that exact moment, It felt like forever, we talked and we just couldn't stop smiling; from then on out, he would come and get me after school and this has been happening for over nine years

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hello Readers, this is my first story so I hope you like it. I haven't done something like this so please tell me what you think. also, I get my 'how' and who' and also 'guy' and 'gay' wrong so if the story doesn't sound right or I mixed it up again, please tell me and please don't laugh at me. >//////<

Thank you for reading my story <3