A Dream Visitor

Kyoko woke up in the middle of the night shivering again. It's freezing.., she thought. She felt around the bed and sat up with a start when she realized Ren wasn't there.

"Ren?", she called, looking around. Suddenly someone pushed her back down on the bed.

Kyoko instinctively opened her mouth to scream when she felt a hand slam against her mouth.

She looked fearfully at the shadowed figure crouching over her body. She couldn't make out who it was in the darkness. All she could see was the long hair hanging from it's sides, lightly tickling her .She could feel that familiar chill emitted by this creature and could have sworn the air around her froze when it began to speak.

"Kyoko Mogami..", it whispered in a low, cold voice. It slowly ran a slender finger down her face, to her chin and finally to her neck. It lightly pressed her adam's apple, but Kyoko momentarily felt a tremendous pressure on her neck. She began gasping for breath the minute the finger left her skin.

"So young..yet so successful..", that chilling voice continued. Kyoko could almost feel the venom dripping from that voice.

" How would it be..", it slipped a slender hand under her pajama, "if I were to snatch away every single thing in your life that gives you happiness?"

Kyoko felt that horribly painful fire course through her body as the monster lightly ran it's fingers over her bruises and lingering over the cut on her chest. She writhed in agony and would have screamed if it had not been for the other hand clamped firmly on her mouth.

"What would it be like if I were to destroy everything precious to you?", it hissed menacingly," your career..your love..your sanity..?"

Kyoko gasped in surprise when the hand left her body and roughly grasped her neck. She caught a glimpse of a horribly bloodied wrist and shut her eyes, quaking with fear. She felt the monster lean closer to her face till their noses touched.

"If I wanted, I could just squeeze the life out of your worthless body, right here and right now..." Kyoko felt the long fingers tighten around her windpipe. "Kyoko Mogami..upcoming superstar would lie dead and forgotten.. But that would be too easy... and too quick!"

Kyoko felt the monster sit up straight and the fingers around her throat loosen.

" I want you to suffer a slow and miserable death.. Like I did..because of you! I want you to die feeling defeated, hopeless, miserable..without a hope in this world. I want you to know loss and suffering...just like I did when I lost the one I loved.. all because of you!"

There was no mistaking now the hatred in the voice. Do I know this person? Kyoko wondered as she struggled to recognize the voice. But the voice sounded so unearthly and so inhuman, that Kyoko was sure she had never met anyone by that voice.

"So be prepared now Kyoko Mogami!", the monster cackled. "Be prepared to travel on the road to hell that you first put me through!"

Kyoko woke up with a start. She sat up slowly, breathing hard as the horrible image of the monster's shadowy figure crouching over her was stuck vividly in her mind. She looked down at Ren's sleeping face, Her eyes wandering to the wound on his cut was so deep..

What if the monster's words came true? She wondered. What if it tries to kill him?

She raised her left hand, gazing at the diamond twinkling in her finger. The ring was bloodstained and cracked. What if their relationship were to suffer the same fate?

No. Kyoko decided determinedly. She didn't care what happened to her, but she was going to protect Ren no matter what. Even if it meant staying away from him.

She got up slowly, so as not to wake ren and went to the next room for a piece of paper and a pen.

Dear Ren,

I'm sorry. But we can't go on like this. I loved you. At least I thought I did. But I was wrong. We are wrong for each other Ren, . And nothing can change that. I can't marry you. Once again, I'm sorry for everything. I hope you'll be very happy Ren in future, and find someone who really loves you.

Kyoko

Kyoko folded up the letter, wanting to tear it into pieces the minute she finished writing. She was about to take off her ring, paused and changed her mind. She took the letter with her and went back to the bedroom.

Kyoko snuggled up to Ren, who put his arms around her and gazed at his peaceful face tenderly.

Sleep well ren.. She thought to herself, fixing the memory of that night in her mind forever. Be my fiancé one more night..

She choked back a sob, and blinked back her tears fiercely. She didn't know what she was up against, but whatever it was, she was going to fight back...