Ghost of an Injury

Kyoko clung to Ren , shaking with fear. She felt an odd sense of Deja vu in Ren's arms. A monster had held her like this and raped her..a monster who looked like Ren.. And a monster who had just killed the grudge Kyoko proving that it was definitely not human..

So what was the guarantee that the man before her was not that monster again?

Kyoko's mind went back to that moment when Ren's clone had hugged her. The minute he held her, at the very back of her mind, something screamed at her that this was not quite right...something was terribly terribly wrong. And now she knew what it was..

Mental note to self!, Kyoko thought grimly. Ren clones don't carry his scent!

She closed her eyes, relieved as she breathed in Ren's comforting scent deeply. A scent that she was very familiar with..a mere whiff of which made her feel light headed and warm and fuzzy and comforted.. I could bottle this scent and use it whenever I need.., she thought dreamily, momentarily forgetting that she had just run out of a haunted house.

"Kyoko!", Ren's urgent voice interrupted her thoughts, bringing her back to reality. " I'm here now with you Kyoko! Tell me clearly now what happened there. Why did you scream?"

His arms held her comfortingly as he looked at her feeling extremely worried. Kyoko realized that he must not have caught fully what she had just said about 'being raped by a monster who looked like him'.

She opened her mouth and was about to repeat what she had said when she let out a sudden gasp of pain. Her nails dug painfully into Ren's shoulders and he looked at her in alarm.

Her eyes were half closed with agony. "Aaahhh..unnggghh!", she cried out giving Ren a heart attack.

"Kyoko!", he yelled in shock and alarm. Without a moment's delay he carried the semi conscious woman in his arms and banged the button for the elevator. As he waited in the elevator, he looked down anxiously at Kyoko. She looked normal except for the intense pain on her face which had turned dangerously pale.

Ren gently kissed her forehead. "I'm taking you to the hospital okay?", he told her reassuringly. Kyoko looked at him through half closed eyes, not really taking in what was happening. Just as suddenly as it had appeared, the pained expression on Kyoko's face disappeared and she stopped breathing momentarily, making Ren fear the worst.

Suddenly her eyes widened with fear. Behind Ren ,was his double, his nails abnormally long..and blood dripping from them. The Ren clone gave her a hideous leer which she hoped never to see on the real Ren's face, licked it's fingers with a kind of ghoulish relish and disappeared.

Ren looked around confused as to what had frightened Kyoko but could see nothing. The moment they reached the ground floor he sprinted to his car in the parking and gently put in his now unconscious girlfriend into the car. He rushed to the hospital not noticing the sudden shiver that Kyoko gave out of chilliness..

Ren paced the floor, nervously waiting for the doctor's report. He remembered their last phone conversation. Kyoko had sounded rather jumpy..before she'd let out that unearthly shriek.

What exactly is happening with her?, Ren thought wildly, running his fingers through his hair.

He looked up eagerly when the doctor came out if the examination room.

"There is absolutely nothing to worry about Mr. Tsuruga.", she told him with a reassuring smile. "Mogami san is in perfectly good health physically. She's just under a bit of stress I believe, which may be the reason for her hallucinations."

The smile of relief that had appeared on Ren's face disappeared at the word 'hallucinations'.

"Hallucinations?", he asked frowning. "What exactly makes you think so doctor?"