Shelter - Namjin

A/N: Yes, I wanted to write about dogs. Don't fight me.

And i knoooow that i haven't published in this book for a long time!! I've been busy w band and school

im gonna try to write more so!! stay!! tuned!!

(Jin's POV)

"First day here, huh?"

There were two dogs jumping all over me as I tried to clean up the cramped cell they were in.

"Uh, yeah."

The stranger laughed at my mishaps, and kneeled down, petting one of the dogs though the gate.

"I'm a frequent visitor here ... just because the dogs are so sweet. I'm still trying to find my new best friend." He said happily. "I don't get why they're treated so badly. They don't deserve it."

I nodded. "I agree. It's my first day volunteering and I've done more than any of these employees have done in a long time. Don't tell my boss I said that."

"Bet."

We both laughed. The guy kneeling in front of me seemed to have a kind heart. I wonder if he'll ever employ at this shelter.

"Have you ever worked here?" I asked while spraying one of the walls with cleaner.

He frowned sadly. He looked guilty. "No, I wish I could though. I'm pretty busy with the career I have."

"What do you do?"

"I have a solo rapping career right now, actually."

"What record label do you work with?"

"Big-hit."

My jaw dropped.

Now that I see it, he does look like a familiar Korean idol, but I just can't get my finger on it.

"Why would someone so famous come to an abusive shelter like this?"

He chuckled. "Just because I rap, doesn't mean I don't have a soft side. I'm here to see if I can try and donate again. I bet they'll use the money for other insignificant things like they always do. I just want these animals to be safe until they get a new home, you know?"

The dog he was petting licked his hand, and he squinted his eyes from that, but the smile on his face remained constant.

I put the bottle of cleaner in the bag laying next to me, and rearranged the bed that both of the dogs sleep in.

"Why can't those dogs get two beds? They have to be together for some reason, right?." He asked.

"Nah."

"What?" He stammered. "Are they even from the same mother?"

I frowned guiltily, looking down and twiddling my thumbs. I don't know how to tell him this. He's gonna be devastated.

"Sadly, no."

The stranger was now sitting on the floor, examining the other dog. "That sucks. There's so many other cages, and these people just crammed the dogs together. Are there new dogs coming in?"

I frowned again.

"Nope."

He rolled his eyes. "Why can't anyone take care of these animals correctly? The dogs deserve to be safe and happy also. They have feelings too!"

"Tell me about it." I mumbled. "They don't–they don't even let me feed the dogs."

"What?!"

"Yeah."

"I think I actually like this one dog. It's cute. What's it's name?" He mumbled, changing the subject.

I blushed in embarrassment.

I don't know the poor dogs names! They're not even listed on the cage, or on their collars!

"Well, this is a very uncoordinated shelter that does not give employees the dogs' names, so I unfortunately do not know any of them. I apologize." I answered anxiously.

He shrugged, seeming to not care. "That's alright. I guess I can just call it something else."

He looked up at me, giving me a small smirk.

"What about Rap-Mon?"

A smile immediately grew on my face when he said that suggestion. That name felt so familiar to me, for some reason, but I didn't know why.

"Yeah, that sounds pretty dang cool."