A walk down memory lane

Start from the beginning

"You seriously had some big balls." I muttered, laughing at the end of my statement.
Demi laughed while shaking her head. "But if I remember correctly, you continued the flirting." She accused lightly causing me to blush.
"I can't believe I met you when we were just 16." Demi whispered after a moment. "Everything I went through... Everything you went through-" I cut her off.
"We went through it together." I stated. "I never left your side... You know that." I mumbled and Demi nodded.
"Even when I begged you..." She whispered, and it seemed to bring on a new memory.

FLASHBACK:
Snow fell down from the grey sky landing on the window sill. Demi just watched, biting her nails as I watched her.
"You could be anywhere today." Demi finally whispered, cutting me off from my rant about how packed the stores are this time around.
I didn't know her voice anymore... The girl I was looking at wasn't my girlfriend...
This girl had dry, busted - almost bleeding lips, a dead look in her eyes, pale skin, a thinned out face, and hair that was falling out in different places.
This girl was not the same girl that I had seen on that elevator 2 years ago. No... This girl was a zombie. A heartless, brainless zombie who never wanted to see anyone.
"So anyway-" I had tried to ignore Demi's statement by continuing with my ranting only to be cut off by Demi again.
"They say I'm crazy." She stated, looking back out the window with narrow eyes. "I guess they're right." She mumbles lowly and I put my hand - or try to - on Demi's slender shoulder.
"You're not." I mumble as Demi moves away from my touch. "And they never said anything about you being crazy.. Just bi-polar."
"Same thing." Demi spat lightly, her eyes staying on the window.

I sighed, my eyes watering a bit but I blinked the tears away. I had to stay strong.. For Demi. "I-I got you something." I state before reaching into my purse to pull out a gift. It was small but still meant a lot and I knew that Demi would love it.
Demi continues to look out the window, not even bothering to look at the gift in my hand.
"Go." She finally whispers. "Please leave me already..." Her voice cracks. She sounds so broken, helpless, hopeless.
She's just waiting for me to finally get it through my head that my girlfriend is this depressed waste of life, yet I stay and I know it angers Demi in a way.. Cause everyone has left Demi at least once in her life.. But not me...

I open the wrapping for Demi before showing that it's a black necklace box. "Dr. Thomson said I could give this to you cause you're not a complete danger to yourself or others." I state as I open the box, hoping Demi will see the necklace that's inside, but her eyes stay drawn to the window.
I sigh. Visiting hours are almost over and I know that Demi's gonna keep this up and then leave to her room once I'm gone.
I get up and move behind Demi, putting the necklace on for her. I slowly lean down so I'm close to Demi's ear.
"I know you think that if you keep up this whole image, I'll get tired and stop coming to see you, but you forgot one thing Demetria Lovato... I love you with all my heart and I am not giving up on you anytime soon." I whisper into Demi's ear before planting a hard kiss on Demi's cheek, feeling the salt of her tears on my lips. I don't ask why she's crying, cause I already know why.
I walk off leaving Demi to replay my words and the way I said them. I hope Demi likes the necklace. It was a silver chain with a message on it that made me smile when I saw it.

THE NEXT DAY (FLASHBACK):
"Oh! Miss. Y/L/N!" Dr. Thomson called as he rushed over to me.
"She's with me." He said to the security guard who was in the middle of checking my purse.
"I think you should see this." He said before grabbing my arm. My heart dropped. What happened to Demi?

He pulled me all the way to the cafeteria before pointing at Demi. I opened my mouth to ask what was so important about Demi eating a bagel before realizing... Demi's eating a bagel!
She was actually eating the second half of her bagel. She took a tiny bite of the tip before putting it down quickly. She took some deep breaths, then picked it up again, taking another small bite.
"Whatever you said or did yesterday seemed to really get through to her." Dr. Thomson stated with a grateful look towards me.
"L-Listen... I-I know it's not really allowed here... B-But do you maybe think I could..." I trailed off. motioning towards where Demi was sitting.
Dr. Thomson thought for a moment before nodding. "I'll allow it just this once. Only cause it's like a Christmas miracle that she's even finishing her food." He stated, mumbling the last part before walking off and down the hallway.