Chapter 16 :: Trade Off

I woke up in the warm embrace of my dear mate. His scents engulfed me deliciously , his cold skin sent shivers and goosebumps, I snuggles into his chest , sniffing in his scent deeply. I couldn't get enough of it.

After I accepted him, I returned to our room. It was too dark and dangerous for me to travel back to the palace so we decided to stay in my room for the night and get ready the next day.

"Good morning , Clark. " I loved how my name rolled out with his husky voice. It's sexy and I love it!

"I can hear your heartbeat ,sweetheart" he kissed the top of my head while I snuggle into his chest to hid my flushed tomato face. Damn.

"You still stick onto that superman nickname , Tino! " I giggled trying to pushed him away , he pulled my waist and I bumped into his bluffy chest.

"Tino?" I looked up at his face and clearly amusement glinted in his eyes.

"Do you dislike the nickname?" my face inches away from his and eyes locked onto each other. I could see the emotions swirling in his eyes, the feeling was mutual.

"Nope, I love everything about you. Your eyes, your nose , your lips , your ear, your hair..." I pecked his lips to silent him and giggled at his surprised and excited expression.

"Do that again, you'll not be leaving this room."

"I would like to see you try. Bleh " I rolled out the tips of my tongue and winked at him. Before I could get on my toes on the floor, he turned me around and hovered on top of my body. The unexpected thing was it's not a kiss when his hands went to my waist and started assaulting with abundance of tickles.

Soon, my laughter boomed and I struggled to loosen his stronghold.

* * *

I wore a pink pastel coloured sweater, black leggings, and a converse shoes. Since I didn't bring much of my stuffs, I barely had to take anything with me. The acceptance of my mate means I will stay with him, go wherever he goes willingly for sure and together till eternity. I'm delighted that I've found my soulmate and to live the rest of my life with him. I was willing to give a chance to Tino. For our love.

However, how should I tell Nathan? Facts and truth lies there the night they fought, I heard everything. Am I supposed to be mad that they kept all this things from me?

Or should I tolerated their actions and give them a good lecture?

I sighed unconciously, I've never ever being awkward around Nathan.

And now it will be very awkward.

That day when I mistaken Nathan as my mate and my passionate first kiss loses its innocence. Arghh.. Why does it have to be so frustrating? I'm overthinking again...

Tino said he's going to wait for me in the living room while I'll speak to Nathan before leaving.

"Nat...? " I knocked softly and opened his bedroom door.

I thought his room is empty for a second, till I see a figure standing by the balcony. He didn't notice my existence till I decided to sneak behind him.

"Sparky. " he croaked out. It seems like he have cried. He never cried for anyone infront of me. He was always the cheerful playful boy with his face hanging with a wide charming smile.

I went to him wrapping my arms around his torso hugging him as my chest pressed on to his muscular back.

"I'm sorry for everything ,Nat. I never thought of having another mate other than you. I love you ,Nat. All my life I never wanted to stay apart from you, the moment we share I will never forget them. I may not be your mate but you'll find one soon and love her more than the way you love me. I don't know I love Tino because of the bond or is it a part of me who's attracted to him temporarily, I don't know..." the last part of my word turned into quiet sobs.

He pulled himself away from me and pull me into his chest, he kissed the top of my head and pressed his cheek on my head . "Don't be sorry, Sparky. I was suppose to be the one who confesses to you for everything. My big headed mind just wouldn't let me to. I was desperate and blinded. I don't want to lost you and I thought I would be able to stay by your side a bit longer. I am so sorry , Sparky."

Soothing his back , we cried together. The day the truth reveals, warm fuzzies and melancholy soon envelops us. In a better way.

"I'm happy for you Sparky. Chase your happiness, but I swear if he hurts you I'll be the one to kill him. " his playful tone sounds like a warning rather than a joke.

"Thank you Nat. Maybe I'll kill him even before you. " we laughed and say our goodbyes. With the knowledge that we will be there for each other whenever we needed each other.

* * *

We returned to Tino's mansion by noon, the guards bow to the prince with courtesy and at me due to the status I held as his mate. We shuffled along the magnificent features corridors, glorious painting hung on the wall and the golden marble floor adding sentimenta of royalty.

A guard hurried toward the prince and knelt on his knees, "Your presence have been summoned by your highness, my prince. "

He clasped my hand and intertwined our fingers, bliss showers me and butterflies in my stomach churned. Nervousness is eating me alive, he senses my anxiety and give my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Everything will fine, my love. " I smiled to him and he smiled back.

His words calms my nerves and we headed to the King's studies.

"Father." once we enter the studies, it was dark , the dim light from the candle illuminated the pitch blackness , people might mistaken it for an abandoned cave.

"Sit " a hoarse voice spat.

That wasn't the King at all.

A menacious face hinted from the dim light. Enough to see him clearly,
"Jasper" Tino snarled.

The sight of the king lying on the chair with a silver blade pressed firmly at his neck below his chin.

"Let me have her or the King shall die."