Chapter 7 :: Secret

Hello again fellas!

Sorry for the late updates. Hope you love the story and enjoy reading my book.

A lot of thanks and love

Carolyn

Clara POV **

It had been 2 weeks while I stayed in Crimson kingdom stronghold. They even had tight and compulsory regulations where we're not allowed to leave or go out after 10 p.m. (Specially made to ensure my safety since I'm still a HUMAN. Noted the rules only occurs to me) Ughh.. Although I'm not a party animal or night howlers , isn't it too absurd? I chuckled of my own thoughts, grabbing my red towel , a shirt and long trainer trousers with a matching undergarments heading toward the bathroom for a wash.

After a soothing bath, I blow my hair with the hair dryer, enough for it to be wavy sliding down on my shoulder covering my chest. I looked at the clock where it pointed to 9 o'clock sharp. I decided to pick my science textbook ,notebook and my favourite pencil pacing toward the door heading to Nathan's room.

Humming a joyous tune, I trailed down the corridors passing a room.

"what do you intend to do , father?"
A voice sounded desperately, I could directly guess it was Valentino.

"For now, stay put. She doesn't know about it. So don't bother telling her. It will reveal in time. "

I didn't mean to eavesdropped their father-son conversation, however the word she caught my attention. Unconciously, I step silently closer to the door to have a better hearing.

"But father, she needs to know the truth! " he growled so low that I could barely heard him.

"You have to make her attach to you, that's the only way she will think of you as her mate"

Are they referring to me..?

What..? Mate.. Wait a sec.. Are they planning to hid the identity of my real mate? But who is he?

"I will father. Don't you worry, I'll lay my finger on her before he can. " he said followed by a mischievous laughter.

I quickly dismissed my position, afraid that I might caught for eavesdropping. I panicked and dashes to Nathan's room and got myself in closing the door behind me in ninja stealth.

What was that all about? I breathe out a relief air out of my mouth with my eyes closed, I gasped in awe appreciating the beautiful creature in front of me as I opened my eyes.

His body was well built, muscular but not too much, his abs..his wide shoulder.. Angular jaw.. Soft sexy lips.. Blue eyes that I adore so much...

My heart races causing my face flushes red. I didn't look away and his gaze drowns me into those bluish sea.

"I know i'm hot , but you shouldn't stare." he chuckled while slid on a navy blue shirt. I snap out of my admiration of his perfect body, blushing "I'm not staa..staring".

Snap , why should I even startled.

"You know.. It's not proper for a lady to enter a man's room this late. "he utter trying to hid his smirk I still saw his cool smirk. "Plus you're so in trouble if you met man other than me. " he growled glaring a warned gaze to me.

"Oh please.. I would ONLY enter your room. " I said in a cheerful tone to piss him off. I never bother to barge into his room, teasing him by wearing his shirt, etc.. I felt comfortable around him , and he is my childhood friend. What could probably happen?

I was lost in my thoughts when he paces towards me and just in time catching my books that almost slip off my hand. "Thinking of me? " a sudden voice interrupts my thoughts. Finally return to my conscience, his face was inches away from my face. I blushed as I pushed him away "Knock it off"

He laughed lightly and mutter "Seriously, we can do this team assignment tomorrow Sparky or you're just finding an excuse to sleep here again? "

*Nathan POV*

Her cheeks was red tomatoes as she blinks multiple times, a distinguished habit she had whenever I caught her lying or denying .

Gotcha

I can't help but laugh at her innocent pleading eyes glaring at me. She always has this habit of sleeping on my bed hugging me like I'm a large fluffy teddy bear, honestly I don't mind at all. I always love her being spoiled with me, everything about her I love them all. No matter how much I love her, I couldn't confess my true feelings. I fear of what might happen when she knew. Sometimes she was really a pain in the ass, troubling herself of those jerks that are players,as she never met someone who truly loves her like I do. I wonder does she have feelings to me as well, her actions sometimes confuses me.

"Alright.. Fine. You can sleep here with one condition, Sparky." i smiled at last of her swift sparkling eyes smiling so wide or maybe too wide.

"And what is that PRINCE Nathan? " she smiled so adorably which I can't resist to lightly pinches her cheek.

She moan of the pain, "Never sleep with anyone except me. " i stated in a serious tone.

"Easy peasy, donee" she laughs lightly as if it was a lame condition.

"I mean it. Promise me."

"Okay promise!" she curl her pinky fingers to mine. She jumped on my bed and quickly invaded the whole blanket as she pat the soft bed on the middle, "comee.." she said laying on the right side of the bed.

I lay down beside her , trying to pull some blanket to cover my legs although I don't feel cold, within seconds she slept soundly. Unconciously , she snuggle closer to me , I slowly hold her hand on my chest and drift off to sleep.