Chapter 5 :: Sign (Part 2)

Edited. If you find grammar mistakes or any sort of error, I'd appreciate for the pointers. Enjoy the story :)

Clara POV 

I woke up unwillingly by the voices of the maid. She immediately dismissed herself after preparing my black dress and accessories that matched my dress. My eyes were puffy and I could feel my numb hand, I guess I was holding something like Nathan's hand (maybe?). I grinned as I thought of Nathan ridiculously staying by my side, sleeping sitting beside me.

I know I'm supposed to feel sad and honestly still am. But I'm not going to let anyone see me cry, including Nathan. I'm not going to show my parents my ugly cry baby face, they won't be able to rest in peace. I'll show my cheerful smile for one last time to my parents. It'll be extremely hard, but I have to try.

Trying to bite back a sob, I slung my feet carefully out of the bed, foot touching the floor in graceful graze. 

I took a cold water bath and as the shower started pouring over me, my sorrow became unbearable. I ended up crying my eyes out, for my parents, for they are gone.

They are gone forever.

I don't want to believe it. I really don't. The happy memories we have made lingered in mind, each scene flashes to the next, the memories then faded into a blurry end. After an hour of wailing, I got out of the bathtub. I didn't want Nathan to worry. 

I wore the dress hanging on the wardrobe for me as well as the accessories, and put on a light make up where I used a concealer to hide my puffy eye bags and a cherry red lipstick to cover my pale lips. Satisfied with my appearance on the mirror, I took one last look at the mirror, my eyes turned black for a second before turning scarlet red.

What great timing, my vampire symptom was showing... I chuckled in my mind, more like a self pity laugh, the timing was just irony slapping my face. 

I twisted the door knob, encountered Nathan in front of the door, he gave me a crisp smile, as if he could read me, he interlaced our fingers as we strolled the hallway in silence to the kingdom's hall. 

Amazing grace... How sweet the sound...

The harmonious songs spread throughout the hall, golden lace curtains excluded the lights from shining, two ebony wood made coffins placed in the center of the hall. While I caught a strict looking faced figure, frowning with pain in his eyes was King Crimson, surrounded by 50 vampires or more around the coffin perimeter. 

Every eye glimpsed at us, as I loosen my hold from his hands and grabbed his arms, we stepped towards the center. I could feel the tears I'm trying to hold back, watching the names of my parents carved on the coffin. I quivered when Nathan held me by the shoulder, closer to him. He knew I would explode out my emotions if he didn't calm me down by his touch. I never knew why his touch affects me so much, I felt comfortable in his presence. Without him by my side, I felt empty and hollow. 

Considering my parents were one of the King's royalty guardians, they were each given an honorable memorial funeral. I was proud of my parents, their deliverance strikes me as a massive emotion drill. I didn't foresee for this event to come, no matter how hard I tried to figure out why my parents died, I ended up dumbfounded drifted by the abundance of my thoughts. 

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed a pair of crimson eyes turning blank staring at my flat blank face. I ignored his stare knowing who that is (Valentino..). I was too tired to deal with redundancies.

Everything sprinkled into sand-like puzzles, angers flown within me when I recall if there's no certainty of the real cause behind my parents unfortunate death. 

After the funeral memorial ended, I was called by King Crimson to meet him in his studies.

"Your highness. " I curtsied gracefully and dare not to step too close to the King, reckon it might be a rude manner to approach the King. 

He gestured to me to sit on the vintage outlined arm chair across him.

"Due to your parents' loyalty as my guardian, it's now the moment for me to do them a favor I should have done a long time ago. " he uttered in a gentle voice although his gazes look sharp right through me. 

The king attempted to take something like a letter with a blood stamp sealing the envelope from his drawer when I interrupted him. 

"Your highness, I believe I have the right to know the reasons behind their death.. Who killed them.. " He motioned his hand to pause me from speaking frontally, "This will answer your questions, Ms Spark." 

I left the studies with the envelope in my hand. I wonder what was in the letter, what will I discover within this blood sealed envelope? 

I rushed to my room, I sat on my bed unsealing the envelope, I began to scheme down the elegant cursive writing ... 

Dear My sweet Clara, 

If you are reading this letter at this moment, it probably means I and your father had gone to a better place. 

Through this letter, I have to tell you the truth of what your fate had been foretold. When I and your father found out about your late vampires development, we're so scared of what you will become. Due to your latency as a born Vampire, you are to become more than what you would be. 

You're a born pure blood Vampire of history, you will reach your true potential as the strongest Vampire queen, there'll be two foremost choices of mate you'll have to choose. Which in return will determine the fate of the kingdom and the life and death of vampires races. 

When you reach your true potential, you'll be able to foresee the future in your dreams or by reading the minds of the strongest soul, decisions can be made wisely only when you choose the right mate for life. He will support you as your loved ones and also a wise guardian of your life. His kiss will declare the authentication of your true identity. 

Aware of the hybrids as they will hunt you down once they discover your existence are their greatest threats. 

Don't hate yourself for who you are, accept and love yourself like how I and your father loves you. I love you my sweet sparkling stars. I would always be with you no matter what. 

With lots of love, 

Leila Spark 

I cried out loud , waterfalls dropped down my face. I cried so hard that my throat hurts. It doesn't matter, at least not at the very moment.