Chapter Twenty Three

Alec's POV

The next morning when I woke up, I was slightly disorientated as to where exactly I was.

When I finally realised I gasped. Well it wasn't quite to do with where I was that surprised me, it was who else was lying next to me.

Trying to make as little noise as possible I turned around and half propped myself up on one elbow.

So I hadn't been imagining it, Magnus was there lying peacefully beside me with his arm careless flung over me.

Not wanting to wake him I slowly lay back down.

Having no clue what really else I could do without waking him, I simply just lay there, trying not to overthink the whole situation.

Magnus looked so much younger asleep, his face wiped clean of everything. But he looked no less beautiful than before.

Beautiful... there was that word again and that's when the memories of what he'd said yesterday started to sink in.

He had called me beautiful.

Not sure whether I was ever going to be able to stop smiling for the rest of my life I sighed happily to myself and looked back at him again.

And he was staring right at me, a little sleepily but awake nonetheless.

I jumped backwards, nearly falling off my bed. I was totally shocked and embarrassed that I had just been caught staring at him. A dark blush starting to appear on my high cheekbones.

'Hey Alexander' he whispered as he caught me from falling and sat up slightly.

'Hi Magnus' I said, my voice trailing off slight at the end and my gaze dropping to the floor.

He noticed my shyness at one and grinned at me.

'Don't go all shy on me now' he said kissing me lightly before standing up off the bed and pulling me with him.

'Come on we need to get some food or we'll be late for dinner with Izzy and Jace' he said and I nodded following him to the small kitchen we shared.

'You know it's not until one, don't you?' I asked surprised that he thought we might be late.

'Yeah, I know, but I still have to choose what I'm wearing and do my makeup and sort my jewellery and...' he said starting to panic again.

'Magnus, you'll be fine, okay. There's no need to stress out, it's just dinner' I said still grinning.

'Yeah, I know. It's just...' he started again but I quickly cut him off with a quick kiss.

'It'll be great, really' I m said giving him a soft smile. 'I mean come on, just look at you, your freaking Magnus Bane'.

Finally he grinned back at me and winked 'I mean I can't exactly argue with that now can I. I'm not magnificent for nothing'

Once we'd finished up our food, and washed up, we both went to get changed.

One hour later...

Finally after what seemed to me to take forever we were both ready.

Magnus looked absolutely stunning, as usual, in a tight black shirt, skinny ripped jeans, jewellery and minimal makeup, well for Magnus anyway.

After some persuasion I had even agreed to wear one of his many scarves. A blue one that apparently brought out the colour in my eyes.

Even though I tried to deny it I was secretly pleased.

However the eyeliner he tried to convince me to put on after did not go down as well.

'Oh well, you can't achieve everything you want in a day' he said sighing over dramatically as I rolled my eyes.

'Don't even go there Magnus. Just because I'm wearing the scarf doesn't mean you can suddenly make me subject to all your latest fashion whims' I said laughing as he pouted adorably.

'Yeah maybe your right' he said slowly.

Thinking I had been given an easy exit to that conversation I smirked at him triumphantly.

Well, that was until I felt his fingers snake around my waste before he spun me around, his lips just inches from mine.

A shiver ran up my spine when he whispered in my ear, his breath stirring my hair. 'But don't you think for one minute that I'm going to let you off that easily next time'.

Suddenly he leaned back slightly, making me gasp.

'You got that sweetie?' He asked innocently looking me right in the eye. 'Err y-yeah' I stuttered, blushing massively as I caught my breath.

Then he smirked before kissing me full on the lips and taking me by the hand as we stepped out of the door.

____________________________________________________________

So first off I'm going to apologise to you all and just say some stuff that's been on my mind.

I'm really sorry for not updating sooner than this again. I promise I meant to and I even started writing this chapter multiple times, but with everything that's been going on recently, I haven't really been able to come up with any idea of what to write next.

But now I should hopefully be able to start updating more.

I know what your probably all thinking now and I'll admit, it's true. I have said this before, but the summer holidays have just started for me and I have finished all my GCSE's so I should have much more time to update this book.

As well as this, the holidays are also giving me a much needed break both for myself to sort some things out and for my writing.

Also as I said in the last 'chapter' I'm starting a new book now that the holidays have started. I've decided to base it on BTS. So yeah, watch out for that being published please if you want to check it out. The first chapter of that should be published in the next week or so.

Lastly I'd just like to say thank you all so much for reading. You all mean so much to me.

When I started out writing this book I had no idea if anyone would even read it. And now 4 thousand reads later I'm still amazed that people are still here.

Thanks guys. Love you all x 💞