Chapter Seventeen

Magnus's POV

When I woke up the next morning, the light streaming in through the curtains, I was slightly confused as to where I was

When I finally came to my senses a bit more, the first thing I noticed was that I was not in my own bed.

I was, in fact, lying down on the settee. My head still resting on Alec's leg.

The next thing that I realised was that Alec was gazing down at me through his long black hair, his bright blue eyes looking into mine.

'Hey there sleepy head' he whispered.

'Good morning' I whispered back. 'I swear I didn't mean to fall asleep on you... again' I apologise.

Laughing, he replied 'it's fine'. Then he leaned forwards to press a light, soft kiss to my lips.

I sat up slowly, not really wanting to move, but knowing I had to in order get ready, have breakfast and stop off for coffee as we usually did before heading to class.

However, when we eventually got to class, I knew straight away that I wouldn't be able to concentrate.

All my mind was capable of thinking about was Alec and the date that we were going on later today.

What we're we going to do? What did I need to wear? Where were we going?

But the thing that mostly occupied my thoughts was this:

What if I messed up somehow? What if I couldn't make this work?

The day seemed to drag on and on, never seeming to even seem like coming to the time when we would be aloud to go home.

I gasped. Home?! Well, I thought smiling to myself, it was only a small space. But with Alec, it really did seem like home somehow.

Eventually, after what felt like days, we arrived back at the dorm.

'Right' I said, heading over to my room, 'I won't be long. Meet me back out here in... twenty minuets?' I asked smiling at Alec as I disappeared into my room.

Alec's POV

Fifteen minutes later, fully changed and ready I reemerge from my room and began pacing nervously around the kitchen.

After ten more minuets, when Magnus had still not appeared I started to panic.

What if he had changed his mind?

I was just about to go and ask him that very question when he flung the door to his room open dramatically.

The breath hitched in my throat. He looked stunning.

His hair was styled so that it was spiked up, as usual. It looked almost blue in the dim, golden light of the room.

His red shirt was tight. So tight, I noticed, that it clung to his very defined abs and arms. He also wore an equally tight pair of black leather pants.

I also realised that he had toned the glitter down a bit, but there was still a smudge of smokey eyeliner and some blue eyeshadow visible.

He noticed me staring and smirked at me. 'Like what you see' he asked.

I answered simply, not sure what else to say 'yes... you look... great' I grinned back.

'You don't look to bad yourself' he said winking, which made me blush.

'Right then' I said suddenly. 'Are you ready to go?'

'Yep, lets go' he said leading me out of the door and down the steps.