Chapter Twenty Two

Magnus's POV

By the time Alec got back it was nearly five.

I was sat waiting for him, as promised when he got back.

Closing the book I was reading, I sat up and looked over at him.

'Hey Alec' I said brightly, trying to see if he was in a good mood about whatever he had been dragged away for.

As he turned to look my way, I found that he was, in fact, in a very good mood. By the look of things anyway.

'Her Magnus, sorry that took so long' he said smiling one of his adorable smiles.

I got up slowly and walked over to him, coming to a stop just as I reached him and wrapping my arms around him.

'It's okay. So, what was that all about then?' I asked before adding 'it had better have been good to justify all the time you were gone'.

He was still grinning as he replied 'it was actually. Izzy wants us to meet up with here and Jace'.

Now it was my turn to smile 'oh great, that's sound good'. Then I started to panic. 'Oh no... when is it. I have to go shopping for new clothes and shoes and...'

Alec started to laugh, then looked at me sympathetically. 'I'm really sorry to tell you this Magnus, but it might be err... tomorrow'.

I almost fainted at that. One look at Alec told me that he wasn't lying. 'Oh my god, you are not being serious. This is going to be a complete disaster. We have to cancel...'

Alec stopped me again patiently 'okay, Magnus, chill out a minute. It's only dinner with Izzy and Jace. You have more clothes than anyone I've even met. That includes izzy, which is really saying something' he laughed 'you'll be fine okay, trust me'. I said in between giggles.

Then he stopped before adding 'And just so you know, I think that you look great whatever you wear' he said shyly

'You don't look to bad yourself' I grinned at him.

'Okay...' I said trying to remain calm. 'Where exactly are we going then?' I asked.

'It's just the same place where we went for our date' he said calmly. He was taking this far better than I was.

Suddenly, I remembered something 'wait, did you say that Jace was coming as well?' I asked.

'Yeah...' he said slowly 'is that okay?'

I nodded 'it's fine with me, I just thought you said that he didn't...' I trailed off.

He finally seemed to get the hint. 'Oh right, that. Well, err... I - he knows, actually. I told him in the car on the way there' he said blushing slightly.

'Oh Alec that's great! How did it go?' I asked even though I already knew what his answer was going to be.

'It was fine. He was totally okay with it. And with us for that matter'. He said grinning into my shoulder.

I hugged him tighter, 'oh Alec, I'm so proud of you. You know that, right? I asked him.

He nodded. 'I know, Magnus'.

'So anyway, was there something you wanted to tell me, you know before you went out?' I asked hoping that he was going to say what I wanted him to.

'Oh right, yeah... about that' he said 'err, I was just wondering if... you know, if you wanted to be my boyfriend, like officially?' He asked, his gaze dropping to the floor.

I stood still for a moment, totally in awe and shock that this beautiful, adorable boy would ever want to ask me that.

I really had no idea how lucky I was in that moment.

Alec, however, must have taken my silence the wrong way. 'I mean, you don't have to, I - sorry... why did I have to ask that and ruin everyt-'

I cut him off with a kiss, a soft, slow kiss that was full of love and promise.

When we separated at last, I opened my eyes to look at him. His eyes were still closed.

He looked so vulnerable and innocent. And it made me want to reassure him ten times as much as I had ever reassured anyone in my entire life. And I did just that.

'Yes Alec. Yes of course I will. You have no idea how much I wanted you to say those exact words. And you also have no idea how adorable and beautiful you are' I said softly.

His eyes finally opened. I could see his eyes were glistening with tears.

'Oh Alec. What's wrong?' I asked as he lead us both over to his bedroom and sat down on the bed.

He sniffled and buried his head in my neck. He mumbled something that I couldn't quite hear.

'Alec, Alexander. Look at me please' I said and when he eventually did I was rewarded with the sight of his eyes.

I had never appreciated or wanted to see someone's eyes as much as I did Alec's right then.

When he spoke again my heart almost broke.

'No ones ever called me beautiful before' he whispered.

'Alec' I whispered back as I hugged him tightly. 'Well it's true. Every word of it'. I said gently wiping away his tears. He closed his eyes and leaned into me.

'Really?' He asked. His eyes opening again to search mine.

'Really' I said back. And I meant it.

We spent the next couple of hours talking in hushed voices locked in each others arms until we both, eventually, fell asleep.

I woke up a few later and was surprised to see that Alec was already awake.

And was looking straight at me.

When he seemed to finally notice that I was awake he blushed and lowered his gaze.

'Hey Alec' I whispered sleepily. Blinking, I slowly sat up.

'Hey Magnus' he whispered back.

So as not to disturb him too much, I slowly started to get up and walk to the door.

He sat up hastily and sleepily gazed at me, looking slightly confused. 'Magnus, were are you going? He asked.

After a pause I answered, 'I was going back to my bed' I said even though that was the last thing I wanted to do right now.

'Will you stay with me?' He asked softly.

'Always' I whispered. Walking back over to him I lay down and was instantly enveloped in his warmth.

I closed my eyes instantly and drifted off into an utterly contented sleep, wrapped in his arms.