Chapter Nineteen

Alec's POV

The next morning, when I eventually woke up, I was slightly surprised to smell something that I thought might have been pancakes coming from the kitchen.

When I checked the time, I was shocked to see that it was ten o'clock.

I usually got up at about eight.

Just as I was about to get out of bed and see if Magnus was in fact up and making our breakfast, there was a knock on my bedroom door.

'You can come in' I called, seconds later, Magnus opened the door slowly.

He was already dressed and ready for the day.

I was not surprised to see that he was already wearing his weekend amount of makeup, which turned out to be even more than what he wore on weekdays.

'I thought I head you getting up' he said smiling at me. 'I was just coming to say that breakfasts ready when you are'. He pulled the door closed again behind him.

Five minuets later, I reemerged from my room and walked over to join him at the table.

I had been right, he had been making pancakes. There was a stack on the table.

'Hey Mags' I said, yawning slightly as I sat down opposite him. 'Thanks for making breakfast. It looks great.' The I added 'your up early, for once' smirking at him and putting a pointed emphasis on the last two words.

He pretended to look mildly horrified at what I was suggesting and began to protest. 'Alexander, how could you...'

After momentarily laughing at his reaction, I reassured him 'I didn't mean anything by it, Magnus, I was only joking'

'I know, I know.' he said smiling at me.

Then he suddenly looked thoughtful. 'So, what do you fancy doing today?' He asked me.

I had to think about this for a few moments, I hadn't really decided how I had wanted to spend the day yet.

'Errr... I hadn't really thought about it' I admitted 'we could stay here and relax for a bit and go out a bit later if you wanted to?' I said finally.

'Yeah, that sounds great' He said and started to eat.

When, we had finished and tidied away, we both went to go and sit down on the couch to watch some films.

Just as we were about to put the second film on, I looked over at Magnus.

After he had finished trying to find out how to change the video, he finally looked over at me and seemed to notice that I wanted something.

'Alec, you okay?' he said softly, as he moved back to sit next to me and linking his fingers with mine.

Just as I was about to talk, a loud knock sounded through the room.

'Who is it now' Magnus said rolling his eyes as he got up to answer it.

I was expecting it to be Izzy here to, once again, interrupt us.

However, I was slightly pleased and surprised to see jace stranding there.

'Hey, so you must be Magnus.' he said extending a hand 'it's nice to meet you, I'm Jace.'

Magnus stood still for a moment before finally shaking his hand. 'Hi, so...' he said after looking at him in what I thought to be slight confusion. 'What exactly are you doing here?'

'Actually, I'm looking for Alec, is he around here anywhere?'

By this time, I had also got up and made my way over to the door. 'Hi Jace' I said brightly. 'What's up'

'Hey Alec. So I was just wondering if you wanted to come and hang out for a bit. I was just around and thought why not come over' he said grinning at me.

'Errr... yeah' I said slowly 'I'll be out in a bit. Won't be a second' I said.

'Okay then, I'll wait out here for you' he said as I closed the door.

When I turned back around to look at Magnus again, he looked quite confused and slightly annoyed at the change in the situation.

'So at least now you've met my best friend, Jace.' I said trying my best to sound happy, when I really didn't.

All I really wanted to do right now was open the door and politely tell him to go away so that we could go back to watching films and cuddling in the sofa with Magnus.

'Yeah. At least we got that out of the way.' he sighed 'he seems nice'.

'I don't have to go, if you don't want me too...' I said quietly, as I put my arms around his waist and pulled him against me.

'No... you go and enjoy it. I'll still be here when you get back' I could feel him smiling into my shoulder. 'I'm not going to say that I won't miss you though'.

I laughed at that, then he stepped away from me slowly. Letting me go.

'I'll be back in no time' I said, kissing him lightly, then going to open the door again.

Suddenly he reached out and took hold of my wrist lightly, turning me back too him before I could open the door.

'What's up Magnus... if you want me to stay I will...' I said looking back at him.

'No, it's not that. It's just I want you to know that you can tell me anything. You know that right' he said, his eyes were serious.

'Yeah, I know and the same goes for me, obviously' I replied, just as serious.

'It's just, you looked like you were going to tell me something' he said 'you know, before the interruption'.

I blushed 'oh right. That' I said avoiding his eyes slightly. 'It's nothing really. But I can tell you later if you want'

'Okay Alexander, if your sure...' He said finally after a small pause.

I smiled brightly at him before nodding. 'Yeah, its fine, honestly. And I promise I will. I'll see you in a bit, okay? Bye Magnus '

'Bye Alexander' he said smiling at me and jace as I shut the door behind us.

Turning to Jace, I spoke to him again 'Okay, I'm ready now. So where exactly are we going?' I asked.

'Actually I'm here to take you to Izzy' he said. I started to protest.

'Seriously? What is it now?' I asked feeling slightly annoyed.

'I have no idea. She wouldn't tell me' he said looking just as confused as I felt 'she just said to meet her at the shopping centre'

I sighed and started to walk down the stairs, Jace following behind.

I hadn't got the slightest idea what Izzy's could want.

All I really knew was this day was not going as I had originally planned it to.

____________________________________________________

Yayy, the next chapter is finally done. I really apologise for how long this has taken me to do. I've just been really busy with school, music and mock exams, but I promise I will try to update more often in the future.

As I've said before thanks so much for reading this story and sticking with it. It means so much to me. I hope your enjoying it so far.

As for how long this story is going to be, I will try and get it to about fifty chapters overall, but I can't promise anything just yet.

Also please comment and vote if you want to or if you like the story. It's really great to know what I can improve on and what you like about it so far.

Thanks guys 😁💞