Chapter Fifteen

Izzy's POV

When I had graciously agreed to help Alec, I had originally thought that he would have been calm and composed, as he nearly always was.

So what he was actually like, when he exited the room, came as quite a surprise.

As he turned to look at me, I could see that he was in a state of utter panic.

He obviously had no clue what he was doing and probably didn't even know how he had even ended up doing it.

What I mean by that is, planning for his first date... ever.

'Thanks for coming Iz. I wouldn't have asked, but... I just really had no clue what else to do'. He said finally as we started walking down the steps and towards door.

'It's fine, I've been waiting forever for you to ask me to help at a time like this' I said carelessly.

I could see him blushing as we got into my car and headed to the mall.

Once we got there, I didn't waist any time. I directed Alec towards one of the shops and set about finding him something suitable to wear.

'Go try this on' I said, handing him a tight red shirt and a pair of skinny back jeans.

He sighed before heading into the changing rooms.

He came out a few minutes later and directed a half concerned half horrified look my way.

'I can't wear this Izzy. I look stupid' he muttered. 'And on top of that...'

'Yes you can, you look great. And don't forget, you asked me me for help, so your going to do and wear exactly what I say'. I interrupted him, a tone of finality in my voice.

'Fine...' he huffed.

'Yay, now all we need to do is find you some shoes!' I said excitedly.

Half an hour later we returned back the apartment and stood outside.

Just as Alec was about to open the door, he turned to me, I could see the panic clear in his eyes. 'I can't do this Iz. What if I mess up, I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. What if...'

I silenced him before he could finish what he was going to say. 'Alec, you'll be fine.' I said seriously. 'Just be yourself. If Magnus can't like you for that then he's stupid and doesn't deserve you. I really do hope that he isn't stupid... anyway... as I was saying, you'll be fine, your a lot better at things than you give yourself credit for, most of the time okay? Just enjoy it and remember to text me about it as soon as you get back' I said grinning as a deep blush covered his cheekbones.

'Okay...' I heard him murmur, half to himself, as he opened the door slowly.

Magnus was lounging carelessly on the sofa, a film playing quietly on the tv screen.

He looked up as we came back in.

I waved at him before saying 'Magnus, could I possibly talk to you for a moment'.

He got up and started walking to the door to join me outside. I could see Alec move to join us.

'Alone' I said, giving him a look.

He visibly gulped and sat down on the sofa, obviously nervous about what I was going to say to Magnus.

Shutting the door, I turned to face him.

'So, first of all, I'd just like to say I'm very happy for you and Alec... you know... getting together, finally.'

He replied smiling 'why thank you, I'm very happy about it too...'

I cut him off before starting to speak again, now very serious 'but, if your just going to use Alec, or hurt him in any way, shape or form, then trust me when I say that I will hurt you. Alec deserved to be happy. Do I make myself clear.

I could see his smile slip for a moment before returning. 'Don't worry' he assured me 'I will never use Alec and I will certainly never hurt him... like ever.' He said.

'Good' I said, smiling at him brightly. 'Well I guess I'll be seeing you around, Bane' and with that I turned and started down the stairs.