Chapter Twenty

Alec's POV

It was only when we got to the Jace's car that he spoke again. 'So, it seems you got yourself a nice roommate' he said finally.

'Yeah, he's pretty cool. You know... as far as roommates go' I stuttered slightly.

I was slightly relieved that Izzy hadn't told Jace that Magnus was a bit more than a roommate to me now.

I knew that I should tell Jace, and my parents too for that matter, about my sexuality and also about Magnus as well now.

But every time I had been going to, I just couldn't.

It wasn't because of how I thought they would react.

I knew that all of them would probably be fine with it, but I just couldn't seem to bring myself to say it.

I had already told Izzy, obviously, last year and she was totally fine with it. I was very glad that she hadn't tried to make me tell anyone else yet.

She said that it was up to me when I decided to tell people.

Well, that was after she made me promise her that I would, at some point.

'Anyway' I said, wanting to change the subject. 'How's Clary?'

Jace and clary had been going out for a while now.

'She's great, actually were going out to dinner after I've delivered you to Izzy' he said, looking at me apologetically.

'I'm really sorry about this by the way, but I'm sure she must have a good reason for this. Maybe...'

I sighed before responding 'it's okay...' I said.

'What were you actually planning to do today?' He asked curiously.

'Err... not much really... why?' I stuttered.

'Well, it's just your roommate didn't look to please to see me, or to see you go for that matter. Did you both have something planned?' he asked, looking over at me briefly.

'Oh errr... he wasn't... he said it was fine... he wouldn't mind anyway'. I muttered trying desperately not to sound as nervous as I was.

Jace looked at me confused for a moment before raising an eyebrow at me and changing the subject, which I was very thankful for.

'Okay Alec, chill. I wasn't meaning anything but it.'

'Err... Oh right. Okay' I said back, trying to remain calm.

That's when I decided something.

I knew that it was either going to go well, or it really wasn't. But I couldn't tell which one it was going to be.

I took a deep breath before turning around to look at him and started speaking.

'Jace... err... I...' I said, not really sure how to start.

He looked over at me again briefly, an encouraging and concerned look on his face. 'What is it Alec?' He asked.

I started again, I felt a bit more confident this time. 'Jace, I need to err... tell you something..,'

'What do you need to tell me? Alec?' he asked.

'It's about erm... me and well, erm.. Magnus, actually' I said looking over at him again to try and see what his reaction was going to be.

However, he didn't really seem to get what I was talking about just yet.

'Okay, so what is it' he said, still confused.