Chapter 16 : He Likes Me Not

Comenzar desde el principio

"Jinyoung, are you okay?", she asked cautiously.

"I'm fine, are you?", he said coldly.

"O-of course I am, why wouldn't I be?", she stuttered, "Is she the one you told me about..?", she asked cautiously.

Jinyoung nodded, eyes never leaving the road.

Once they got home, Jisoo went upstairs and got changed, when she got downstairs, Jinyoung was about to leave.

"Where are you going?", Jisoo asked.

"Out, I'll be back late.", Jinyoung said as he made his way out. He was being his cold self again, she was clueless, maybe he's not over her yet, she thought, she was a little crushed at the thought and the fact that he was going to forget about the good day they just had with each other crushed her even more.

Jinyoung went over to drink alone that night, and then he found himself at the park late after that, it wasn't so cold that night. Seeing Taera had crushed him, he was confused whether he still loved her or not.

Maybe I still do, but maybe I don't. He thought and at the same time, his mind found it's way back to Jisoo and the wonderful time they've had with each other earlier, and he felt sorry, sorry that she had to end up in this crazy marriage with him.

Jisoo waited for him to come home that night, she repeatedly checked the time, she even made herself coffee to stay up, but after waiting for so long, she eventually fell asleep.

Jinyoung got home around 4 in the morning, he went to the living room and saw Jisoo sound asleep on the couch.

She waited for me again? He thought.

"Didn't I say I'll be home late.", he said to himself, "Yoon Jisoo, why wait?", he sighed. He was about to head upstairs, but he looked back at her sleeping self, he thought of something for awhile and went over to the couch and gently lifted her up, bridal style. He placed her on her bed gently and pulled the covers over her. He gently stroked her hair and he left the room.

-

Jisoo was preparing breakfast in the kitchen, after she was done she sat down at the dining table with the table all set up, food all prepared. She decided to wait for Jinyoung to come down so they could have breakfast together.

Jisoo stared at Jinyoung's seat and sighed as she brought her palms to her cheeks.

"You know, I always believe that things happen for a reason, I believe that we met that day for a reason, I believe we got married for a reason..I believe this all happened for a reason..there has to be a reason..", Jisoo said to herself, "Without all of this happening...., I wouldn't know that I could like someone like this again.", she said with a heavy sigh.

"You what?!", Jinyoung exclaimed out of nowhere, walking quickly towards the dining table, startling Jisoo.

"Hey!!!! H-how long have you been standing there?!!", Jisoo freaked out.

"You like me??!!", Jinyoung asked, shocked.

"What? Wha-No!! God no!!", Jisoo denied strongly.

"Then...but you just said..?", Jinyoung said as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"N-no, s-see my friend, she's a-a..Yes! She's a scriptwriter, I-i was reading one of her lines, s-she was asking for a second opinion.", Jisoo rambled, hoping he'd buy it.