Chapter 12 : How much do you love each other?

Start from the beginning

"No..", he lied as he looked through the paperwork. Jackson chuckled at his bestfriend.

"Fine, whatever you say.", Jackson said as he left Jinyoung's officeroom.

-

Things have been okay lately for Jisoo and Jinyoung, as their days go on, things were getting better although they rarely talk when they're at home with each other but Jisoo still did her night routines, making him hot chocolate every night before they head for bed, and sometimes Jinyoung takes her out on weekends.

Jisoo has been receiving so many texts from Jungwon eversince they bumped into each other, and she has been losing her mind over it, sometimes she responds to them coldly, trying to give him a hint that she doesn't want to be friends, but most of the time she ignores him. He has called her a few times too and it was always during times that wasn't appropriate. And of course being the secretive person she is, she didn't mention this to anyone.

One night, Jisoo and Jinyoung were on the way home from some family gathering, it has been a long night, and they were tired.

The car ride home was quiet.

Jisoo was staring out the window, until her phone rang. She checked the caller ID and saw that it was Jungwon, she cursed inside her head and she ignored it since Jinyoung was there.

"Are you not going to answer that?", Jinyoung asked, eyes never leaving the road.

"No..it's an unknown number.", Jisoo lied.

When they got home, Jisoo left her phone downstairs, and went up to her room to change.

After that, she went downstairs and Jinyoung handed her her phone and said, "Jungwon called.", the tone in his voice sounded different, like he was angry.

"J-jungwon?", Jisoo said as her heart skipped a beat.

"Yeah, I'll just head upstairs.", he said blankly and went up. Jisoo sighed. Suddenly her phone ringing, startled her, she read the caller ID and saw that it was Jungwon again. She combed her hair back in frustration and answered it reluctantly.

"Yes Jungwon.", she said as she sighed.

"Are you okay?", he asked.

"Yes I'm okay.", Jisoo responded in an annoyed tone, "Why wouldn't I be?", she added.

"You weren't answering any of my texts.", he pointed out.

"I-honestly, do you not get the hint? I don't want you to text me or call me.", Jisoo said suddenly.

"But why? I thought we were friends.", he said on the other line, disappointed.

"Friends don't call you in the middle of the night like this, Jungwon I'm someone's wife!! I have a husband, you can't just call me in the middle of the night and text me everyday, please.", she said desperately.

"Okay, I'm sorry, I won't-"

"No, listen to me, I can't lie to you, I'm so uncomfortable with this whole friends thing, I can't trust you, seriously.", Jisoo said.

"But Jisoo, please, I swear I mean well.", he said.

"No, this ends here, I don't want to be associated with you in any way, I'm sorry, please don't call or text me ever again.", Jisoo said as she quickly hung up, she quickly blocked his number so he won't be able to reach her. She combed her hair back and chewed on her lip, she doesn't give two shits about what Jungwon might think, the only thing on her mind is what will Jinyoung think.