"you'd be a great mom."

Christmas, Evan and Zoe's favorite holiday.

this year would be their first Christmas as a married couple. they were going to be spending Christmas as a family, Heidi, Cynthia and Larry, as well as Connor and his wife and family and some friends were all getting together on Christmas this year.

they had all rented a large cabin in the woods to stay in for the week. Zoe's parents as well as Heidi all stayed, Connor and his wife Sarah with their children, and Zoe's aunts and uncles all stayed.

it was finally Christmas morning and Zoe woke up bright and early. she rolled over in bed, "Evan, baby it's Christmas! wake up!"

Evan woke up just enough to see Zoe up and excited, he knew Christmas was her favorite holiday.

"merry Christmas baby." Evan said as he got out of bed and kissed her cheek

the young couple went down into the main room to see all the children starting to huddle around the tree. they joined the adults while the kids unwrapped their presents. Zoe was admiring Connors kids when she hear Sarah speak, "so Evan, are you and Zoe planning on starting a family anytime soon?"

Zoe perked up at the question, "um well we've talked about it but we haven't made any plans yet." Evan answered

"we just want to enjoy being together before we add Kids to the mix." Evan said as his wife cuddled closer to him

"yeah, we like the way we are right now. that doesn't need to change right away."

Zoe's attention was drawn by Connors 4 year old daughter Molly, "aunt ZoZo! look at what i got!"

Zoe moved to the floor to help the girl put together her new toy. Evan looked on in joy and slight sadness at his wife. he knew she wanted to be a mom but things just weren't working in their favor right now.

as the day went on, Zoe offered to take the kids out to play while the adults got dinner ready. Evan stopped her before she went out, "i love you, you know that right?"

Zoe blushed, "Evan, stop!"

he watched as his wife played in the snow with all the young kids. Cynthia came up to him, "i know."

Evan turned around, a little scared "what?"

"i know what's going on. Zoe hasn't been able to get pregnant." Cynthia said sadly

Evan sighed, "we haven't tested yet but we still have hope that it'll happen. now just isn't the right time."

the two looked out the window to see Zoe covered in snow and children, "i love her so much and i just want her to be happy. all she wants is a family of her own and i'm afraid that i can't give her that. in due time she'll see that i'm not worth it."

"oh Evan, she won't do that. Zoe loves you more than anyone else in the world, she doesn't care if you two can't have a baby, she's been in love with you since high school."

Evan sat with his thoughts for a while, Zoe came back inside. he stood and followed her as she made her way to the room they were staying in, "Zoe?"

"yeah baby?"

"you'd be a great mom."

Evan stood in the door quietly as Zoe crossed the room to him, "thank you evan. i love you more than anything else in this world."

maybe things would work out, and they'd get their Christmas wish.