7: Being there

My eyes snapped open as the warm sun washed over my face. Memories came rushing back to me, I had fainted in the kitchen and Liam was there, Liam! I looked around and saw that I was still in his bed. Which was extremely comfortable by the way, I rubbed my eyes and slowly pulled myself out of the tangled sheets. My bare feet hit the wood floor and I touched my temples. Thankfully the pounding in my head was gone and I no longer felt dizzy, I felt pathetic...and weak. Why was I the one who always needed saving?

"You're up" Liam's soft voice pulled me out of my daze.

His face looked grim as if he had been thinking too much and his usual spark in his eyes was gone.

I frowned and scrunched up my eyebrows, slowly I sat down onto the bed patting the seat next to me. Liam walked towards me taking a place on the bed; he looked down at the floor and ran his hand over his face. He had done so much for me, it was time my turn to help...I've dealt with "emotion" and I knew something was going through his mind. I rested my hand on his shoulder trying to sooth him.

"I know something's wrong" I said softly.

Liam glanced at me and sighed, he looked so vulnerable...I didn't like it. His once electric blue eyes were filled with the haunting darkness I knew too well, his soft features went hard as he shook my arm off and walked out of the room. I heard the front door open and close, he left. I don't think I will ever be able to forget the look he had in his eyes, he was so hurt, but I know better than anyone that you can't save someone, all you can do is be there. That's what I'm going to do, be there.

I put my mask back on and walked out of Liam's room looking like a normal person. The apartment was quiet; I need to get out before my memories have time to get to me. I picked out pair of short with a loose tank top from my duffel bag, it might not be the smartest thing to do after fainting...but I needed to run. Ironically I hated running, but it helped take my mind off of my nightmares.

I jogged out of the building looking around the parking lot to see if Liam's death machine was there, it was gone. Taking a deep breath I went down a small path behind the building going up to a local park.  My thought drifted off to my parents and Heather, when I was a kid they would always tell me the same thing "first work, then family" I was only eleven years old. I knew then what they really were, they didn't love me. My mother used me to get attention from the snobs at book club, but when she found out I was too crazy to be of use she left me without another thought.

My Father wasn't any better, I had to deal with him having affairs behind my mother's back...it broke my heart. I don't like sounding sorry for myself...because I'm not, I feel sorry for Heather...she's beyond help, and that makes me want to scream at my parents for not seeing her as the wonderful person she is. I'm not mad at Heather or my parents, I'm just disappointed. I know it's not their fault I'm like this...but they could have helped.

My legs were already killing me and my breath was running short, as you can see I'm not athletic. I looked back and saw that the building was out of sight,  I turned on my heels and started to walk back. Only to make matters worse, the sky darkened and rumbles came from the clouds, the once clear day became grey and the rain soaked everything. I huffed and continued walking.

"A little rain never hurt anyone" I mumbled to myself.

The walk wasn't too long; I finally spotted the brick building.  The parking lot was no longer empty instead it was filled with motorcycles and amidst them was Liam's death machine. I don't know why but I felt a tinge of anger, he left me here alone without explaining himself. Entering the building I walked down the hallway soaking wet, without knocking I opened the unlocked apartment door.

Bad idea.

There were at least twelve guys in the small apartment, my mouth fell open. Everyone was staring at me, I looked away and quickly walked over to my duffel bag picking it up and running to the bathroom. I sucking in a breath; I locked the bathroom door and leaned against the sink. My soaking wet hair stuck to my forehead, my eyes trailed down to my shirt and I wanted to die. My bright pink bra was completely visible. I slapped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from cursing some very unflattering insults to myself. A bunch of good looking biker guys saw your bra...big deal.