6: All my fault...

It’s been a week since I left home, my parents haven’t called…Heather could care less. I’ve avoided going to school I didn’t want to see anyone, luckily none of my supposed “friends” called to check up on me. I guess that proves that I’m alone. Liam wasn’t going to school either; whenever I asked him why, he would just say “there’s no point” I didn’t really understand…everything was going so fast. The only piece of happiness I had was Liam, he made me feel real Like I wasn’t fading into the nothing.
I was sitting at the kitchen table; Liam went out to the grocery store, so I was here staring at my notebook, alone with my haunting thoughts. I felt the need to write…it was my last piece of sanity. My thoughts were so overwhelming I had to find a way to get them out. Writing helped, I took a deep breath and started to let go…

*5/10/2014
Honestly, I’m scared…I needed to leave. The house was constant reminder of what had happened and it was driving me crazy. I was naïve, I thought I could save him; I thought I could trust my parents and tell them.
They betrayed me; they didn’t want anything to do with me after that, they sent me away to that awful place, all alone.
No, I betrayed him…he died and it was all my fault *

I held my tears back, all the pain was there it never went away… why? Why did I have to bear with the guilt, the pain, and the emptiness? It haunts me in my dreams, his face filled with sadness begging me for help…I didn’t help him. I need to get out, run away from everything. I’m always hoping that the emotion will suddenly go away…but it doesn’t, it never will.
The walls were shutting me in and my lungs rejected air, I felt myself slowly slipping into the nothing, letting it swallow me up. The darkness flooded my vision…and I was gone, the last thing I saw was someone running towards me.

“Skylar! Hey, breath” I heard Liam say softly. My eyes fluttered open, my head was pounding, and my entire body was shaking. Liam’s face blocked out the sun, his eyes were filled with concern and relief. What happened?
“Where am I?” I asked lifting myself up. I looked around and saw that I was in Liam’s bed.
“No, lay down” He said quickly. I obeyed him, the pain in my head got worse when I moved, fortunately my body wasn’t shaking anymore, and my blurry vision was back to normal.
“What happened?” I asked in a hushed tone.
Liam looked away as if thinking. His eyebrows scrunched together.
“You fainted…but I don’t know why. Maybe you were dehydrated, God Skylar…I leave for five minutes and you nearly die!” He said running his hand through his hair.
This is going to sound terrible but he looks cute when he’s worried. I chuckled
“I didn’t almost die! I just fainted.” I tried to calm him down, but I saw that it was no use.
“Thank god I caught you.” He said to himself “get some sleep Skylar” He continued.
I was tired but if I went to sleep I would dream…I don’t want to have those awful nightmares, but I didn’t want to worry Liam either.
“Okay” I said cautiously. I laid my head back onto a pillow and wrapped Liam’s blanket around me
Sleep came easily but so did the night mares.

*Liam’s P.O.V*
Skylar fell asleep immediately, her golden hair was scattered across the pillow, and her hand was gripping mine. I knew from the beginning she was hiding something, something dark, just like me. She had a mask on with other people; I could see the way she looked at the world. She looked so out of place. The only reason I went back to high school was because I wanted to find someone. I did…I found Skylar. My parents would’ve liked her, my younger sister would have been so happy I found someone. But they aren’t here, and they never will be.
Skylar knows I had a dark past…somehow she understands. I took Skylar’s hand off mine and headed towards the kitchen, I was so worried when she fainted…she looked so scared.
I wanted so badly to help her. I know I’m an idiot; I will never be able to be with her, ever.
I glanced at the kitchen table, there was a small notebook. Was it Skylar’s? I walked over to it and picked it up. There was elegant handwriting…I was tempted to read it. One sentence caught my attention “It was all my fault” I sucked in a breath and shut the notebook, gently putting it down on the table.
I know how Skylar feels; it was all my fault too.

________________________________________________________________________

A/N: This is a VERY short update...but i liked it :) i hope you did to! please comment and vote! it makes me do a little happy dance :D go check out my book River Dreams!