Chapter 9

• Dedicated to McBusted

Amy’s POV

We get in  the car and sing along to Mcfly songs all the way to Dougie’s house. We arrive on the driveway and I see that Dougie’s house is not much smaller than Danny’s. Danny unlocks the door with his key and storms into the hallway. ‘DOUGLAS LEE POYNTER!’ he shouts, ‘GET YOUR HUNGOVER ARSE DOWN HERE NOW!’ I can’t help laughing at the fact that Dougie practically rolls down the stairs. He managed to stand up and the bottom but the only word he can manage is; ‘What?’

‘Nothing.’ Replies Danny, ‘I just thought you should wake up!’

‘Imma kill youuuu!’ screams Dougie, who all of a sudden has full energy and is chasing Danny round the kitchen. I’m standing in the hall way in fits of laughter when the doorbell goes. I decide to answer it because it’s not very likely that Dougie will look presentable any time soon. I open the door and find a very rough looking Matt Willis, closely followed by Harry. ‘Hello other Willis’ he groans, ‘What you doing here?’

‘Danny brought me over.’ I say, and just as I did, a screaming Danny and a half naked Dougie run out of the kitchen. ‘What the fu..?’ shouts Harry as the boys run past him.

‘Dougie wasn’t very happy about being woken up.’ I say, laughing. Matt still looks confused.

‘Did you say Danny brought you over?’ he asks, grinning.

‘Um yeahhh.’ I say as my face goes red, realising what I’d said.

‘You went back with him last night didn’t you?’ shouts Matt, pointing and jumping up and down.

‘No.’ I say, as I get even redder.

‘Shut up Matt, she’s blushing.’ Says Harry, protectively. I like Harry, he was the most, let’s say responsible out of the boys. Dougie was like a small child, Matt was just odd, but good odd, Tom was funny, James was quite civilised and Danny was, well, Danny!

After a lot of screaming and running around Dougie finally calms down. ‘Arsehole!’ he shouts as he goes to get changed. ‘Love you to Doug!’ replies Danny. He walks over to me and takes my hand, at this point Matt was practically pissing himself with excitement, ‘You two!’ he says, pointing, ‘You’re..’

‘Nope,’ says Danny, letting go of my hand.

‘Okay then.’ Says Matt slyly.

‘So,’ I say, ‘It’s 4 o’clock and I’m going home tomorrow so..’

‘WHAT?’ shouts Matt, ‘NO OTHER WILLIS, YOU STAY!’

‘Sorry Matt, but anyway, what are we gonna do?’ I say throwing Matt an apologetic look. Just on cue James and Tom walk through the door and say ‘Everybody out, we’re going to get CHICKEN!’ Dougie, Matt, Danny and I go in Danny’s car and Tom, James and Harry go in Tom’s. We spend the whole journey exchanging numbers, ‘I don’t want you to leave.’ Says Dougie, I thought he was joking but he genuinely looks sad, ‘You’re so much more fun to party with then these lot.’ Matt kicks him in the shin, causing a cat fight in the back seat. We arrive at Nando’s and booked a table for 7, I sat in between Matt and Dougie but opposite Danny. Almost every person in the restaurant asks for the guys autograph, meaning we don’t really get to have a proper conversation until about 1 hour after we arrived. We finally get talking and spend the whole evening talking about the tour and last night. Then Danny asks to see me outside. I follow him out the back and we stand in a little garden. ‘You alright?’ I ask, he’d gone very silent.

‘I don’t want you to leave.’ He says, looking at the floor.

‘Oh Danny.’ I say as I take his hands, ‘I’m not really going anywhere. You’ve got my number, I’ll come to your house everyday if you want.’ I’m starting to realise that maybe Danny is more than a friend. He hesitates, and then pulls me into a big hug. I sort of curl up in his muscly arms and just wish we could stay here for ever. ‘Can I kiss you one more time before you go?’ I pull out of the hug and cup his face in my hands. ‘Yes.’ I say, pulling his head down to my level. He wraps his hands around my back and pulls me in closer. Kissing him is different. It feels more special. I pull away but move back in for a hug. ‘You mean so much to me already.’ He whispers into my hair. I take his hand and we walk back into the restaurant. Instead of sitting back next to Dougie, I squeeze in next to Danny and our fingers stay entwined for the rest of the evening.