CHAPTER TEN

Assalamualaikum!!!

      CHAPTER 10 - THE PREPARATIONS ...

MINAL'S POV:

I ran behind fatty inside her room. She was sitting in her bed with a shocked expression. I sat beside her. She looked at me. After some good minutes, "Fatty? Do you know him?" I asked her. "No bhabi. I never ever saw him in my whole life." She said confusedly. "Hmm. Dont you think its like 'love at first site'?" I asked her in a thoughtful way. "Bhabi? You even serious?" She asked giving me a death glare. "I mean. Whats the problem fatty? He is fine, i mean he is good looking, rich, stylish with perfect height and weight. Whats the problem? You guys will make the best couple yaar!" I exclaimed happily. "Oh i see! Even my brother is handsome, rich, stylish with perfect height and gymed body. You never had that 'love at first sight' thing with him?" She asked angrily.
"Why do you bring us in this matter? Forgodsake fatty. I was just telling for your good. Nothing else." I spatted angrily. "Oh please bhabi. I..." she was cut by shehryaar. "What the hell you guys are doing? You guys are fighting? Where are your senses? Is this the time to fight? You guys are pathetic." He scolded us. We kept quiet. I stood up and got aside. He came and sat beside fatty. "Fatty? Do you know him already?" He asked. "Bhai. You too? For god sake yaar. I seriously dont know him. I swear upon god, i even never saw him." She bursted. "Ok fine. Ok fine. I was just asking...am not doubting alright." He calmed her. She was helding her head with her both hands. "Minal just give her some water please." He said. I gave her and she thanked me. She drank the whole glass in one sip. She sighed.

Shehryaar patted her back.
"So now listen. Just listen to what am saying alright?" He asked her. She nodded. I sat beside him, to listen what he says.

"See. You don't know him. Right?"

"Obvio bhai."

"Okay so. How does he looks? I mean to you. See. He is from a good well-known family. And his family back ground is also fine. He is not even bad in his looks and personality. So what do you think about him? Would he be ok for you? I mean only if you are ok with him, we will move on. If not then we will reject his proposal. Just like you say. No body will force you. Alright. So? What do you think?" He asked her politely.

"Shehryaar! May be she needs time to answer. It's not easy to answer such questions and make such a big decisions in just a second." I suggested.

"Oh! Alright. We will wait for your answer down stairs. Think about it." He agreed and left the room.

"Umm...shall I leave too?"

"As your wish bhabi."

"Fatty...relax. Don't make decisions in hurry. You can take time as much as you want. No one is in hurry. It's your life. This have to be your decision not of others. Take your time." I was about to leave when she called me and said, "Bhabi! Sorry...and thank you."

"For what?"

"Sorry for behaving rude with you previously. And thank you for everything."

"That's alright fatty. You don't have to be sorry. And you shouldn't be thanking me. It was my responsibility after all." I smiled at her and left.

A DAY BEFORE ENGAGEMENT:

I ran downstairs. "What are you doing kamal? Do it properly." I said to boy, doing the flower works.

I went to mom and said, "Mom! Here. I got this for you." I gave her the flat and comfortable sandal.

"Thank you beta. Minal? Please go and check around the corridors. And ask them to do it properly. "