Sacrifice (Contains Goats as Plot Devices!?)

Sorry for no discussion room! Ask me some frickin' questions!

—-

"If we move our troops along the left flank, we gain a slight advantage in cover."

"Getting soldiers to the right is our primary concern! Adramelech needs ground support!"

The foolish and unskilled replacements for Satan's three missing generals did nothing but argue. "Just pick a plan and move. This conflict means nothing to us," deducted their supervisor with an agitated sneer. His long-hanging coat flew upwards like a cape when he leapt from his throne.

"Very well, master," muttered a general as he carried on. He didn't dare make eye contact with his superior. The master's red eyes stared onward through the desolate landscape of his lair. "Make it quick. I've got a sacrifice to tend to."

The master was Archdemon Azazel of the Dark Army, demon of war and sacrifice. Following him was an unnamed goat with a pentacle on its scalp. He tugged it by one horn, pulling it along. "Let's get there before nightfall, okay?"

...

"Get down," advised Beleth as another guard from the interrogation fired at them. Kasumi inquired, "Couldn't you use your powers and be done with it?"

"Out of reserves," he replied. "If I could grab his weapon..." In a pulse of crimson waves, the guard collapsed in a pool of blood. Emerging from the chaos was a goat, sniffing his corpse. A man from behind pet it before engaging his opposers.

"I'm Azazel. It's a pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand for a handshake, extending it in vain as Beru simply stared. The goat bit his hand. "Ow! I told you to stop that!"

Beleth bowed, his respect faltering enough to question the entity. "Didn't Archangel Raphael cast you into darkness, like, forever ago?"

Azazel smiled, walking closer. "No, that was my father. I'm his first-born, so I took the name." He rubbed his hands together and looked to Kasumi. "So, should we get on with the ritual?"

"Where?" asked Beleth.

"Anywhere with a shower and some privacy."

Going under fake names, the demons and occultist managed to check into a tiny hotel, lurking about in the second floor. "Alright, just need a blood sample," said Azazel with a plastic cup in one hand and a needle in the other. He looked at Kasumi, holding up her finger to prick for blood. "You are a virgin, right?"

"Yes, why?"

"Nice, you're blood's pure," he explained, pricking her finger. When he grabbed the cup to contain the sample, it was held back a considerable force. He turned to see the goat, biting it. He let go, allowing it to shred the plastic. "Dreadfully sorry; let's try that again."

"What's his name?" Kasumi asked, not angered by the inconvenience. Azazel pet the animal, smiling genuinely.

"He doesn't have one. Don't wanna get too attached to the sacrifice, now." Kasumi pet him, raising the finger with blood on it. "I think I'll call him Billy, if you don't mind." Upon touching the goat's forehead, Kasumi heard a faint whisper. "Choke the demon."

It then announced in a wild and beastly voice, "Slay the performer! Stop the ritual! He is a liar, for cleansing yourself will weaken your power!" Instead of acknowledging the goat, Beleth looked at Kasumi. "Is something wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." Close enough, she thought.

What was wrong with him? Could he not hear its voice? Maybe Kasumi was hearing voices from below.. or above? She smiled nervously as she watched Azazel go on. The demon of sacrifice drew with his finger from the cup of virgin's blood, drawing on the side of the goat. He wrote something in Hebrew, which Kasumi couldn't read. "That's my name," he translated.

With the snap of his fingers, another goat appeared. He wrote on this one as well. "This means Yahweh, the Hebrew name for God." The second goat said in a wise and calm voice, "This was the same ritual performed on Azazel's father, to rid him of God's people. Now it will be used to repay your demonic connections. You will receive what you have given, child."

"If Yahweh's goat is slain and Azazel's is set free, all will be right."

"Let Azazel's stay! Yahweh will curse you!" hissed the wild voice.

"Do not listen to him, Kasumi," cautioned the wise.

"Fight until your dying breath," indoctrinated the wild.

Kasumi was certain these voices were real, but the demons couldn't hear. Maybe they were mocking her.  Maybe they chose to ignore her. The voices... wouldn't stop, no matter the circumstance.

"I can't take it! Both of you, go!" Kasumi yelled, urging both goats to leave. They charged out the door, fading into a higher plane. The occultist's eyes became bloodshot as she said, "You fool, you set me free! If you are never cleansed, your earthly soul is mine!" In a possessed fit, she used the needle to stab the veins in her wrists before being restrained by Beleth.

...

After cleansing Kasumi's unconscious body, Azazel exited Hell's public baths (lol). He presented her to Beleth outside. From there, he knelt to examine the progress. By brushing away hair, it was evident that the mark of the Beast was still indeed present, so she was forever cursed. "It's not often they're so willing to die for us."

Azazel smirked at hearing these truthful words. "I guess we'll leave the spirit in her until she dies, then," he said, preparing to leave her. "Wait..."

Beleth placed his hand over her slowly beating heart. "I sense a warm presence, trapped inside. I'll try speaking to it." He activated an Idea Link.

"Hello, is anyone in there?"

"Deep inside. Do you wish to speak to the girl?"

"Who are you?"

"I'm the spirit in this host. I suppose it's all over now."

"Why do you say that?"

"Take her innocence from within; I won't stop you, Milord."

"If I exorcise you, will she be freed?"

"Beyond this realm. To the afterlife, Purgatory. There, she will have a chance to be admitted to a better fate. Go ahead, Milord. Purge me."

—-

Cuttin' it short this time! Don't worry, the ending's still far away. I'm gonna go pursue happiness or something. You know, I'm going to court soon. Believe or not, some idiots at my school thought I was recruiting Satanists and sent me to a mental hospital. No joke, swear to good old Yahweh up there.

"That's something you don't see written on a goat everyday." - AniTendoJM