Chapter 13: The Dark Truth

The ceiling light painfully burned clarity back into my eyes like the sun burning through a thick fog that had set early in a spring morning. I sat there, with two boys staring at me in a foreign room. My blurry vision allowed me to barely make out a Phillies poster hanging next to a desk with a MacBook laying neatly closed.

"Hey buddy," Finn whispered, soothingly. At first, my forehead felt cold, but I couldn't tell what from. Slowly as I regained my senses, I could feel a weight on my forehead, ice. But that wasn't the only feeling, just as I could feel the weight of ice pressing against my forehead, a painful thumping sensation bore through every sense that had come back to me.

"Hey, I hope none of you had to kiss me or some shit," I said trying to push past the pain. I held the cold pack on my forehead and tried sitting up which caused Jaeden and Finn to freak out. They gently helped me back down onto the bed.

"No, you should lay down," Jaeden said with a seriousness in his voice.

"Okay, doctor OZ" I quipped with a bit of frustration. "What happened, anyway?"

"Well, you fell, hard. Did you eat anything today?" Finn said pushing the hair away from my forehead. He looked at me with sweet eyes. They looked at me so focused that Jaeden could literally die and he wouldn't even notice.

I was starting to eat less and less because I wanted to lose weight for Finn. I was thin, but not as thin as him. He would always tell me that he loved the way tummy looked, but to be honest, I hated it. I hated that whenever he would cuddle with me, I would hate every second he rubbed my stomach. Even though at the same time I loved it. I just wanted him to be able to feel abs or something, something we could be proud of.

"No, I forgot to," I said with my vision finally focusing. Jaeden was wearing Pajamas already, and Finn had this cute little beanie on now pushing his brown curly hair out and around the bottom of his beanie. I reached for a strand to touch it, but I completely missed, my vision might have been clear, but I was not accurate, yet.

Wyatt walked in with four sandwiches that he made with ham, mayo, cheese, and lettuce. I felt my stomach growl and rumble as he got closer. The monster in my tummy was hungry, but I couldn't feed it. I shouldn't feed it.

"If you keep forgetting to eat you're going to kill yourself," Finn said grabbing the sandwich and handing it to me. "I've noticed that you've stopped eating as much since we..." Finn looked around remembering that we had an audience. Jaeden's eyes widened as he noticed Finn choked up. I wondered what he thought since he just stared at us like we committed a crime and got away with it.

"Since what?" Jaeden smiled, he now had something to tease us about, he just didn't know what yet. Finn wouldn't say anything, and I didn't know what he was talking about either which kind of scared me because if we did it and I don't remember....well....fuck.

"Wait I'm in his boat. I have no idea what you're talking about" I asked as confused as Jaeden. Shit, did we do something I didn't even know about?

"Jack, remember when I sent you that..." he said trying to jog my memory. Wyatt was on his gaming laptop playing something called OverWatch. He had a fancy headset and mouse that lit up when you clicked it. He mumbled something to players over the internet, commanding them to attack there and defend to the right.

"I don't remember." I plainly said. Jaeden's smirk widened as we got closer to the truth.

"Fuck, really babe? Are you seriously going to make me say this out loud?" He paused, and I nodded wanting him to say it out loud. Jaedens smile was almost creeping off of his face by now. Finn noticed Jaeden's grin which caused him to take in a deep breath hoping to find the courage to say whatever we did in front of Jaeden, "Since I sent you that shirtless picture you've stopped eating as much."