21

I see it's a message from Wolf. I've been MIA with him as well, but I rather not deal with him while the whole drama with me and Raven is going on. He still hangs out with her and I don't want to see her. I'm on a mission to fix things with Chase and me first. I rummage through my dresser trying to find something that says I'm sorry but I also want you to. Ten minutes later I think I have the right attire and I make my way to the bathroom.

Inhale. Exhale.

Knock. Knock.

"Go away Charlotte." He grunts.

"How did you know it was me?"

"Who else is knocking on the bathroom door beside us? Now go away."

I look down at the black nightie. God, I really do look like a woman trying to seduce a man. It's all or nothing. Turning the knob I walk into his room. He is sitting up, his back against the headboard and he is typing away on the laptop. I take a quick sweep of the room. Plan and simple and the business plan is nowhere in sight.

"Charlotte what are you wearing?" Slowly Chase closes the laptop. His eyes sweeping across my body, I involuntary shiver. A smile tugged at his lips, which must mean he approves. That's a good thing or I was going to write a letter to Cosmopolitan letting them know they're full of shit. There was an article in the magazine a few years ago called How to Seduce Your Man. Raven dragged me to Victoria Secret for some lingerie. We didn't leave until I finally bought some stuff. Now I'm thankful for the one time she pressured me.

"Charlotte?"He drags out my name.

"Do you like it?" I mentally facepalm myself. I sound like an eager junior high student. "I mean—"

"Yes. I like it very much. Just one question, why are you wearing it?"

Don't think. Just Do.

I sway my hips seductively. "For you."

"Well Smurfette, I must say you look fucking delicious." He gets off the bed walks toward me, wraps his arms around me, and kisses me softly. Chase is making me feel things I only read about in books. "But you don't have to come in here dressed like that because of what I said earlier. I don't want you to feel like you have to do this—if you aren't ready."

"I'm ready."

He looks me in the eyes and shakes his head no. "You aren't ready Charlotte and it's ok if you aren't. I can wait."

"I'm ready, Chase," I say breathlessly.

He slowly lays me down on the bed. He kisses me deeply and all the doubts I had up until this moment is gone.

"Charlotte I can't." He sits up running his hand through his hair.

"Huh?"

"I like you a lot and I don't want to screw this up—you're different than the other girls and—"

"I get it."

"See, why are you acting like that. If anything you should be happy I won't take your virginity right now. I want it to be special and blowing your back out while the guys are here isn't it. Trust me now isn't the time." He leans over kissing my lips once more. "Don't be mad at me now." He lays some of his weight on me. "Wanna watch a movie instead?"

"Now?"I try not to sound disappointed—I know what he is doing is the right thing, but I feel so ashamed. Embarrassed, let down—hell I don't even know the word I want to use, but a tiny piece of me feels rejected. Yup rejected in a sense.

"Umm yeah, I still would like your company—even if we aren't fucking." He sits up and I do the same. "One movie and you can head back to your room."

"Are you mad?" I bite my bottom lip and he tugs it free, rubbing his thumb across it.