17

Raven

Raven.Reynolds: Spoke to Duggan.

Charlotte.Withers: And....

Raven.Reynolds: She said to feel better.

Charlotte.Withers: Anything about the test?

Raven.Reynolds: Nope. She just said feel better. I hope you've been resting so we can cook together again. The class was a bore without u

Charlotte.Withers: Thanks again Rave! See you tomorrow.

Raven.Reynolds: TTYL

****

We left the medical center an hour later. Once again Chase was quiet and didn't say much. I decided to head back up to the room and take a nap. The doctor said I was in the clear and need to take it easy, also stay away from peanuts. Note to self ask Raven about the pie. Waking up around noon I spot Chase swimming laps in the pool. His body moves with ease and grace as he swims back and forth. I watch him for another five minutes before heading out to the backyard. I stay as quiet as possible tiptoeing to the lounge chairs. This is so wrong of me to watch him swim, this is the creepiest thing I have done since--since ever. Chase must have sensed my presence, he stops swimming and glanced in my direction.

"How are you feeling?" He's breathless.

"I'm fine thank you. The nap was well needed."

"Join me." He wipes the water from his face.

"Now? In the pool? I don't have any swimsuits here."

"You can strip down to your bra and panties, it's just like a bathing suit or you can go grab one that's in the laundry room. Girls leave theirs behind all the time." He swims closer to my side. "I need someone to swim against; I won't be looking at your body, scouts honor." There it is ladies and gentlemen. Chase panty-dropping smile.

"I'm sure, that right there was a lie."

"Fine, don't come in." He backstrokes to the middle of the pool. I watch his body move gracefully through the water.

He is making small talk. He wants to talk. I'm just going to go with the flow. When is the next time I'll see this side Chase? He seems in a happier mood than this morning. Take advantage of it, Charley. I tell myself. Taking my shirt off I get in the pool with my bra and shorts.

Splash.

He looks at me surprised.

"Charlotte Withers, I didn't take you for a girl who throws caution to the wind." He swims over to me. "You know you could have taken the shorts off too."

"Are you flirting with me, Chase?" I turn my head not wanting to see his face when he tells me I'm crazy or whatever mean thing he could possibly think of.

"It depends."

I turn my head so fast, that I could have given myself whiplash. I look at him surprised.