22

James wakes up as he sees Steve disappeared but a sticky note placed on the window in front of him.

James takes it and reads 'I'm buying food for you. be back soon Steve. by the way... I took a bit of your money i found in your coat.'

James sighs and turns a bit, he closes his eyes and catches more sleep, he's just too exhausted to function anymore.

It doesn't take long till Steve comes back and sits in the car. He carefully touches James shoulder and sees the brown eyes look at him. "Are you okay?" Steve asks.

"Probably better than you." James replies.

Steve gets out a bag a sandwich. "I got this for you." He says.

James stares at the sandwich, hungry but at the same time scared.

Steve places it in James' hands. "Take a bite." He asks.

James nods carefully. He brings it to his mouth. Looking at steve very insecure.

"You'll be fine." Steve says encouraging.

James takes a bite, the lovely taste of bread, sausuage, vegs and fruits come in his mouth. James closes his eyes to enjoy. but suddenly something screams in his head, a girl, Sacha... He opebs his eyes and quickly pushes the sandwich back to Steve. he shakes his head and turns away.

"James?" Steve asks gently.

"Let's go home..." James says.

"I can't drive..." Steve says.

"I can. Let's change seats." James says already getting up.

"first..." Steve asks.

James lets hinself sink back in the car seat.

"Try to eat more... just try it, please." Steve asks.

"You got a habit to make me eat after being yourself in a horrible situation." James replies.

"Because you need it." Steve replies.

James nods tiredly.

"James..." Steve starts again.

"Yeah...?" James replies, curling up a bit.

"I'll look after you okay? Home will be a good safe space and I swear I'll help you." Steve says.

James nods. "I'm actual meant to look after you." James responds.

"Then we watch each other." Steve replies. Not planning to let James die because a fear for food.

Steve hands him the sandwich again. "Try it." He says.

James does what he says, he takes a small bite and gives it back to Steve.

Steve gives him a proud smile but on the inside he worries.

"Let's go home." James says as he gets up to switch car seats.

Steve accepts and does the same. He lets the thin figure take the steering wheel, watching his face with love and worry.

'End his suffer and kill him freak.' the voice in his head says but Steve ignores it. He'll never kill James, never on purpose.

The boys drive home in silence, they go inside, switch the lights on.

James immediately heads to bed. "Goodnight" he says.

"James.." Steve starts asking. "Where can I sleep tonight.

"In my bed, big enough for two." James responds, going upstairs and leaving Steve behind and alone, thinking about sebastian.

A droplet monster, an addict and a serial killer... how a happy extreme caring man changed into an obsessed freak... just claiming that Steve wasn't there. It doesn't feel right for Steve... neither it does that the monster knows where they live.

Important authors note:

tell me if you want a book 5.

if it happens a next part will be published with the name.
if not, nothing happens at all.

(Comment, DM/PM to tell! without motivation no other book... so simply is it. Don't let the series die)

- Elly