|Chapter 38|

||The Tetrad Emblem: mark given by mates on the four marking sites, syncing them to a nation and family and giving praise directly to the four gods of man and wolf for the given mate.||

"She hasn't agreed to consensual marking yet."

"What are you going to do?"

"What I have to do," the king said melancholic.

Arabella stayed in bed, almost brooding, not caring about what would happen to her. She didn't know whether or not she wanted the king to mark her. She was looking at other malicious intentions to free herself. But she was stronger and she knew it.

Today was the day the king had appointed for her official marking, he had given her a week to come to grips with the decision. She lay monotonously on the bed, wondering what it would be like if she had any normalcy in her life. She stared out the lengthy glass window, her eyes burning at she looked at the sky.

The king came into the room, his presence stifling her, his air had changed in the past few days. It seemed he was more commanding over her, asserting himself since she had no energy to resist the pull from their bond and the pull from his power as king.

"Arabella," he called out to her, but she continued to look through the window.

"Arabella!" He called again forcefully, she struggled to refrain from turning her head, his command harsh.

"Arabella look at me," he commanded and her head snapped instantly to look at him.

Her face contorted in anger and defiance. She hated that her body willingly obliged to his command. She blamed herself, the mate bond and mostly him for commanding her, even though she knew it wasn't his fault.

"What?" She whispered out, her throat dry and scratchy and her voice high pitched. Coming out hushed because she was tired of everything.

"You need to stop this," he said to her sternly.

"Stop what?" She gritted out.

"Stop behaving like a spoiled brat," he rushed out.

She looked pointedly at him, sending at deadly glare his way.

"What did you just say?" She asked him slowly.

"I said, stop behaving like a brat," he said slowly and forcefully.

"Firstly, you don't even know me so you have absolutely no right whatsoever to judge me. I can behave however I want." She said angrily to him.

"You're sick, you clearly don't know what you want," he said hinting at the fact she did not want to be marked and rather die.

"I do know what I want. Listen to one of them, leave me alone," she said to him ruefully.

"There is only so much of your childish behavior I can take, and your disrespectful 'remarks' are becoming overbearing. You need to learn you place and know I'm the Alpha here," he narrowed his eyes at her, "I am the king."

She looked distastefully at him, silently cursing him to the pits of hell. As she glared at him, she noticed how tired he looked. Dressed in black pants and a navy button up shirt, she thought he looked handsome, but his shadowy eye bags and the way he moved told her how tired he really was.