|Chapter 13|

||Satisfy: to fulfill or meet a want, need, requirement, or expectation.||

The King was extremely elated to dine with his mate. His face was set into a wide grin as soon as she okayed it.

Arabella was satisfied that she was pleasing her mate but it was purely based on the mate bond which had influenced her greatly. She still held distain and contempt for the King and cursed the bond for the throwing her common sense out the window.

"As one of your subject, my only duty is to serve you so because you insist I will stay." She said passively adjusting her previous words though it was really bitter.

The King ran a hand through his combed hair successfully ruffling it and sighed loudly. How could he be this frustrated even though this was only he second day knowing his mate? He thought.

"Arabella, please do not think of yourself just merely as one of my subjects. You are my mate, you need not degrade yourself for you are very important to me." The King said slowly trying to get his point across so Arabella could understand him.

"Are you sure? You made it clear yesterday that I also must uphold the standard way you must be treated." Arabella said while she looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed with feigned confusion.

She could make this difficult and make him suffer like the way she did when he shunned her from becoming Alpha because she is female.

The vast amount of negative emotions which she felt towards the King contrasted with the admiration and desire that the mate bond not so vaguely hinted at. She was at turmoil with her emotions as she tried to satisfy herself by staying away from The King and and tried to satisfy the King by obeying his wishes. What great struggles she found as she forced herself there to lunch with him.

The King was surprised by her brazen question. Of course he did not want her to degrade herself and bow down to him. They were mates and the other day he was not accustomed to someone speaking to him like that. He didn't mean to imply that he wanted her to treat him as if she had to serve him because she was his slave.

"I also would like to offer my apologies for my anger which I expressed towards you. I wish not for you to be my slave or to serve me as you are no commoner but you are my mate whom which I hold important." He said to her.

"Enough talk for now," he said not waiting for her to reply, "let us lunch. Martha?" He said and then called out for his servant.

In honesty, Arabella did not know how to respond to his words. What was she supposed to say? Thank you? Or Argue some more? Arabella was becoming more and more speechless the longer she was near the King.

A woman with ebony black hair that was held tightly in a bun, wore a black shirt and a white shirt who Arabella assumed was Martha came to the assistance of the King.

"Greetings My Lord." She said curtly and bowed her head in acceptance of authority and submission. "How may I be of assistance?" She asked, her words British.

As the King decided what they had for lunch, Arabella stared at the side of the King's face.
She still could not believe how sharp his jawline was and the fact that he had such perfect tanned smooth looking skin.

The King's head turned suddenly and he had caught Arabella's prying eyes to which he responded by plastering a grin on his face. She maintained her gaze as she was not one to back down because she was taught how to assert herself.

The only pressing matter on the King's mind was how Arabella and Vladimir was related and why she got upset when he was mentioned but he did not want to push his luck as he promised to try and maintain a casual conversation with Arabella.

He still needed to discuss with her the choices whether she would attend the meetings with Vladimir. Martha had already deposited a plate full of steaming hot Alfredo pasta in front of each individual.

"Will you agree to attend the meeting Vladimir had requested you to?" He asked as he lifted the fork to pick up pasta pieces, a napkin rested on his lap.

Arabella stared down at the pasta as she contemplated her answer. Her godfather already knew she was present in England. She knew It would be disrespectful to not be present at whatever function he requested her to be at. Had the King told Vladimir that they were mates? That would change everything. She thought. She hasn't even told her parents yet. She hadn't even fully processed her situation yet. She only called her parents once since she got there to tell them that she had arrived safely in England.

"Yes I will attend all his requested events." She said in defeat as she finally lifted up her fork after placing the napkin on her lap, her appetite had diminished significantly now because of her overthinking.

The King looked up at her from his food and smiled, "Great. He arrives in England on Thursday, two days from today. He has requested you to a training seminar and the banquet held in honour of my birthday next week." He said still grinning.

It was his thirty-second birthday next week and she was being forced to attend it. She could feel herself getting angry as she knew what her godfather was doing. He was trying to provide her with the 'closure' that everyone thought she needed so badly.

She looked at the King now and smiled sweetly, "I'm sorry, but I must go. I informed you of my presence needed elsewhere else so I will take my leave." She said and then stood up. She needed to be polite, he is the King.

Contempt soured her blood with disdain and she could not stand to be around the King anymore. His presence was a constant reminder of what she had not become and she was struggling to keep her words at bay.

"Arabella." He said rising too,"please do not leave." He knew he had hit a weak spot and he blamed himself for ruining the conversation. He was sorry he based it on himself.

Arabella began to walk out before she turned around, "Do not worry. I will attend the events that he requested my presence only for him. Just leave me be. I need some time to think." She said and then she left.

************************************************************************************

Do you think that the King is winning Arabella over?

Do you think her Godfather is disappointed in her?

Will Arabella actually accept the King?

What about the king. Do you think that he cares for Arabella?

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

❤️Jay