|Chapter 10|

||Obeisance: a movement of the body expressing deep respect or deferential courtesy, as before a superior.||

"Now will you accept me as your mate?" He said still holding her hand, flashing a gorgeous smile at Arabella, which distracted her for a while until she realized what he just said.

Roughly pulling her hand away from him, she glared at him and said the first thing that came to her mind, "Are you delusional?"

Arabella didn't care that right now she was speaking to the King, she wondered if he really was delusional. The King sat quietly as his mind seemed elsewhere, Arabella took the opportunity to storm out of his car, slamming the door hard behind her. She quickly ventured back to her house as she heard the King get out of the car.

"Arabella!" The King said firmly as he followed behind her.

Arabella entered her house and slammed the door behind her. The King rushed in behind and closed the door behind angrily.

"What?" Arabella said, angry at his audacity to ask such a stupid question.

"Arabella! Don't speak to me like that! I am the King and just because I am your mate, it does not mean I will allow you to disrespect me and insult me!" He seethed at her. No one had ever spoken to him like that nor would he allow anyone to speak that way even if it was his mate.

Arabella looked at him as contempt for the King ran deep in her veins. He wanted respect and he would get.

"You are right. You are the King." She spat at him.

She got carefully down on her left knee and placed her fisted left hand behind her back as she angled her right hand directly above her right foot and placed her forehead on her hand; The Order of The Obeisance, to show her respect, the bow that her pack mates once did for her.

She looked at his shoes as she said indignantly, resentment laced thickly in her words, "My apologies, My King, for disrespecting you. I beg for your forgiveness." She stayed in that position waiting for the King's response.
The King sighed heavily, he reached down to help her off the floor.

"Arabella, I didn't mean it like that." He said softly as his hand took ahold of her wrist. He pulled her up gently as he rested his hand on the small of her back and pulled her flush into his chest as his other hand encircled her waist. What did he mean it like then? She thought.

She could feel how firm and rigid his chest and stomach were as her body identified and filled in the depressions of his pecs and abs. She was temporarily distracted as she realized that her breasts tightly embraced his chest. Her skin burned with desire for him when he touched her, as he left a blazing trail wherever his skin came into contact with hers. She finally looked up at the King, love and adoration shining brightly in his eyes.

"I never want to see you do that again," he said tenderly, he was referring to her bowing, his nostrils flared slightly as he inhaled her heavenly scent, "Please, just call me Vincent ." He pleaded. He then brought his hand up to her face and caressingly pushed a piece of her hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. He really was sorry for him being the reason that she wouldn't accept him, but not that he forcefully made her terminate her birthright.

She had a strong mate bond with him already but she just couldn't be with him. Her mind was too much of a mess and she knew she could not forgive him right now. What he did, the pain was still fresh and she still writhed in pain from the wound he left on her emotionally.

She liked the feeling of him but she drew away from him. She really wanted to let out the childish response that 'Sorry can't help' and 'Sorry won't fix this' but she didn't. She was better than that though. He reached for her again but she moved away from him.

"Please!" He pleaded, sadnesses and desperation thickly interlaced in his British words. "Tell me what I have to do." His voice say almost a whimper.

How her primitive instincts made her pain to hear him speak like that, her chest heated with pity and hurt for him but she had to be strong.

She looked back up into his eyes that seemed carry so much need, "I just...can't." She said trying to act brave, "Please, just leave me alone." she pleaded her voice firmer this time.

"I can't do that. You are my mate. I don't ever want to leave you alone love." He said gently as he looked at her pondering face.

How could he expect her to get over such a disastrous event in such little time? A disastrous event that he had caused, she thought. He was being the selfish, manipulative and thoughtless person he was. She doubted he would want her when he found out that she was broken. No one wanted broken things.

"I have to go." She said firmly with determination evident as she began to walk out of the hallway, that they had stopped to argue in. As she tried to make it out the door, The King swiftly took her hand in his right hand, "Don't do this." He said quietly. He didn't want to lose his mate. He adored her so much even though they had known each other for so little time, the little time which they spent quarreling. He wanted her so much. He wanted his mate. He wanted his queen. He wanted Arabella Emilia Gardenia.

His touch was doing things to her, she thought he had been using it to manipulate her. She glared at his hand which tightly engulfed hers and she harshly pulled her hand away from his. Opening the door, she said disgustedly, "You know where the door is. Don't hesitate to let yourself out." She implying that she wanted him out of her residence, he had already polluted it enough with his presence.

******************************************************************

Do you think Arabella is going to accept the king anytime soon?

What do you guys think of the King's apology?

Do you think Arabella will forgive him soon?

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

❤️Jay