Chapter 13

After finishing their lunch, Shelley insisted that they should go on a trip to the gardens where Avi had had his first real date with Scott and Mitch. Of course, Avi looked over to his father, wanting to make sure that he would be alright with everything as well. But Michael had just nodded and remarked that he would like a trip to nature together with a story of how their first date had been.

So Avi guided them around the gardens once more and showed them a few more pictures, they had coffee and cake in the picknick area, all in all it was the perfect afternoon for him and his family.

"What shall we do now?" Avi asked once they were on the way back to the car park.

"Well, we, the parents and Esther have decided to go out once more, not only to give you and your boyfriends the opportunity to spend some time together, but also because we just want get to know each other better" Shelley explained. "After all we're basically a big family now..."

"Mum, I..." Avi didn't known what to say. He shook his head. "You're amazing..." 

"It was Nel's and Connie's idea, but thank you anyway" Shelley replied. 

"I like the idea, though" Michael spoke up as they arrived at the parking space. "I'm looking forward to tonight."

"I'm glad" Avi returned. "But we'll get to see one another tomorrow? Maybe for brunch? I think that the Hoyings and Grassis have to leave in the late afternoon, we could meet up with all of them. I would book a table for... 10 at like... 11 then..."

"That would be amazing" Shelley replied. 

"Awesome" Avi replied. "So I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled and hugged his mother first, then his sister, before he stepped over to his father. "I want to thank you once more, Dad. You know how much your opinion means to me."

"I have to thank you, Avi. I reacted in the worst way possible last night and still you came to talk to me today. As I already said, I want nothing more than seeing the children I've raised being happy" Michael replied sincerely, before he hugged his son.

Avi held the embrace for a moment, before letting go again. "I'm looking forward to see you again tomorrow, Dad."

"Me too, Son. Tell your boyfriends I said hi and have a nice evening together."

Avi smiled. "I will, Dad, thank you."

~

On his way home, Avi stopped at the store to buy a few things he still needed for the an evening with his boyfriends. He walked through the aisles and thought about what he needed and wanted and made his way to the checkout with way too much stuff loaded into his cart. 

He paid for his stuff and made his way out of the store, eager to not get recognised with what he had bought. Lube, condoms and massage oil wasn't really a purchase he wanted to be seen with by fans. 

When he was back inside his car, he snapped a picture of the stuff he got and sent it over to his boyfriends, tagging it with the words 'I cannot wait to spend tonight with you, I love you.'

He only had to wait a moment until Mitch replied: 'Do I see wine, cheese and everything else for a romantic night? Come home, we're waiting.'

Avi smiled to himself and didn't waste any more time with replying, instead he started the car and got on his way back home to his boyfriends. 

Back home he took everything he had bought and went inside where he found Mitch sitting on the sofa. The bearded man beamed at him. "Hey, Love!"

"Hey, Avi." Mitch got up immediately and followed his boyfriend into the kitchen, helping him to stow away everything but the lube, condoms and massage oil, before he slung his arms around the bearded man's torso. "Hi..." he said once more and kissed him softly. "Are you okay?"