n i n e

i yawn when the final bell rings, signalling kids to get to class immediately.

when i was in the locker bay i hadn't noticed jack, so i decide to ask the question.

"so, where's jack?" i ask daniel as he reads his book, 'turtle's all the way down'.

"his family went on vacation" he mumbles as he continues reading the book.

"it's only four weeks into school..." i mumble as i shift some of my weight in my chair.

"they don't really care about it" he says as he flips to the next page of the book.

he lifts his head. "wait, i've never seen or heard about your parents...you're not a foster are you?"

"no i'm not a foster" i give him a weird look and his eyebrows lower themselves as he looks down upon his book again.

"my mom is on a 'business' trip and my dad and siblings are down at my grandparents house" i explain.

daniel looks over at me, just a quick glance.

"why'd you say business like that?"

shit this isn't you're sister...just do the next logical thing corbyn, play dumb.

"like what?" i ask looking at him innocently.

"you know like what" he says closing the book, "you know what I'm not prying at it".

he reopened the book, this time placing it on the table and he hovers over it.

"but i'll keep prying about you're 'straightness'" he adds.

did this bitch really-.

"okay what does that mean?" i say. "i'm straight daniel" i repeat the word in my head and it bugs me.

"uh huh" he simply goes as he arches his back, letting it crack.

"i. am. straight." i repeat, pausing after each word letting it settle in my mind...my judging head.

"the more you say it, the more i believe something different" he says.

"oh and what is this belief?" i ask folding my arms.

"no I'm done for the day" he sighs when the bell rings and i death stare him as we walk in the halls.

why is he even interested in my sexuality, also why does he keep questioning me?

at lunch, jonah joins us with and orange in his hand along with his language arts binder.

he's been studying for the first test in language arts for the past week.

"you guys have been giving each other opposite looks for the past ten minutes" jonah says as he scribbles on his paper.

me and daniel take our eyes off of each other for only a second to glance at jonah who is to focus to notice but he does.

jonah is like a parent, an over protective one.

and he's adding daniel into the group of his children. me, zach, maybe jack and now daniel.

"what's the issue?" jonah finally ask as he puts his pencil down.

daniel says the statement in such a sarcastic tone, that i'm slightly offended just by the word 'he's'.

"he's straight, he swears".

i give daniel a stare that only screams 'count down to salty bitch corbyn mode in 3, 2, 1'.

but before that erupts.

ten only thing i remember is the confused look i get from jonah.

his eyes just flicker between the two of us.

"looking for answers."

feedback?

daniel and his little tooth gap are the cutest thing ever.