s i x

"corbyn what do you think if i invite jack and daniel to sit with us at lunch?" jonah asks from the back seat.

zach called shot gun, and i picked him up first.

"no fair! you all have the same lunch?" zach groans as he takes a drink of his water bottle.

"wait since when are they in our lunch?" i say as I glance back at his through the mirror of the car.

"they've always been in our lunch" jonah says as if i were supposed to know.

"where do they usually sit?" i ask still trying to think back to where they sit.

"they usually hang out in the choir room during lunch" he says, "i walked in there a couple of times and saw them".

"please tell me you know they are in our choir" zach says giving me a look as he rest his head on the window.

"yes I knew that" i scoff as i pull into the student parking section.

"just making sure" he rolls his eyes playfully before unbuckling his seat belt.

"you never answered if you were okay with it" jonah says as i lock the doors.

"sure" I say.

"good cause i was going to anyways, i just didn't want to surprise you" he says and he flings his bag over his shoulder.

"so my answer wasn't even relevant?" i ask.

"pretty much" he swiftly says.

"noted" i hear zach say as we part for our different classes.

in my stupid little 'heart broken' head i keep humming a part from 'break even' by the script.

on repeat.

"cause when a heart breaks no it don't break even."

i'm not even sure i'm even truly heart broken....cause honestly?

was it ever love i felt? maybe a strong connection since we grew up together...more of a 'friendly love' more than 'lovers love'.

but yet again, what could i know?

late for lunch, is that even possible? doubt it. i throw my stuff in my locker and put my hands in my sweat shirt as i make my way into the cafeteria.

my eyes quickly land on jonah resting his head on the palm of his hand. the back of a curly perm. a long with the tooth gap coming from a large smile.

jonah quickly grabs me with his gaze and it pulls me closer and closer to the table.

that's when jack turns his head to see what jonah was staring at. he smiles at me.

i smile back, cause i'm a nice person.

taking my seat, jonah passes me a water bottle and i accept it.

"you're not getting lunch?" daniel asks as he gives me a strange look. "nah i'm dieting for basketball season" i say before gulping down some of the water.

he's still giving me a look, behind him from a far i see zach and ashley fist bumping as they wait in line for the water fountain.

then christina walks over to the water fountain, she's laughing alongside dustin caudal.

we make eyes contact and she gives me a small, sad smile.

she's pitting me, or that's paranoia.

daniel takes notice and glances behind me, his eyes land on the sight also.

that's when i realize i keep squeezing the water bottle. when i stop everyone is looking at me.

"you good?" jack asks me and i put on a smile and say "yes".

jonah keeps giving me this look, i try not making eye contact with him.

he's saying something to me, but i'm ignoring it.

tell me what's wrong, that's why i'm here.

"no, no you're not jonah."

feedback?

listening to old songs has reminded me how many songs i actually live for and i don't hate it.