Stay with them

"Vio!!" Zelda shrieked with worry as the blonde collapsed. All she'd done was return the shard to him, how was that so bad?

Cautiously going over she turned him so he was on his back rather than stomach....His skin felt clammy and shockingly cold. Letting out uneven breaths Zelda looked upon him with sorrow. She'd not meant to cause him any harm whatsoever. This had been an accident.

"Oh Vio, I'm so sorry- I didn't mean-all my fault!" she blubbered trying to wake him. As he groaned below her she gave a reproachful look knowing that it was unlikely for him to want to trust her after this. Even when they were back on speaking terms too...she thought mournfully.

Vio's eyes scrunched a bit before he opened them, looking up he found his entire face to be covered in ginger hair. Not wanting to accidentally pull the Princess's hair he tapped he shoulder. "Prin-pfflthb...ah sorry...Princess please you needn't be worried."

Hearing his voice she gasped looking to him. "V-vio! Oh goodness are you alright? I honestly didn't mean for that to happen. I was merely trying to-"

His words had obviously gone over her head. Giving a sigh he lightly placed his hand on her cheek, smiling he told her. " It's alright. I know you didn't mean to, it wasn't your fault at all...So please just cheer up alright." And in a sudden bout of stubbornness he left his hand there pressing into her freckled cheek until she gave a sigh of defeat closing her eyes briefly.

Eventually the two raised themselves from the sandy floor favouring the bench below the window. Vio did so quite shakily of course. Then the two of the resumed talking...Well honestly Vio was the one who was doing most of it. Zelda only asking simple questions.

He began with where he'd mainly been and what had transpired. Often needing to pause once he got to where Dark started doing...that. And finally when he reached when Hilda came over to Lydie's house as herself and not a puppet to Veran, Zelda raised her hand to stop him.

" I think it's time for us to stop for tonight, it's nearly dawn. And the other three are bound to worry very much if you are not there when they wake. I'm sure you realize how worried they must be about you yes? "

"Already?" He asked with surprise looking out the window to find that she was telling the truth. "But it was hardly past midnight when Lady Varlis brought me to speak with you!"

It took some convincing from Zelda before Vio more or less gave up on not going back with the mirror shard. Varlis was the one who lead him back to the others leaving both him and the shard. This was much to Vio's dismay of course.

Once entirely inside she had him sit down near Blue of all people. With his look of confusion Varlis shrugged it off explaining that he'd been around him most in the time she'd known him. So she assumed it best to leave him near Blue. There was also the concern of him entering another fit like Vio'd done when he hit Red, he was the best candidate to help keep the others safe. Begrudgingly he agreed, though it was mainly to spite Vaati as the man was making a fuss over Vio fainting. Because that would mean Zelda had damaged one of his most important pets. And Vio just wanted him to shut up.

"Alright Vee-oh, " Varlis said with her heavy accent setting the mirror shard by Green. "Remember what she told you. Stay with one of your others at all times and..."

"...and don't touch the mirror just in case, yeah I understand Lady Varlis."

Nodding at him she smiled, "that's a good voe. I will return with Zelly later take some time to rest." with that she left the tent flap falling closed behind her as she went.

Setting in the now semi-dark tent Vio looked up watching the shadows of passing clouds through the canvas. He couldn't help it he was bored, very very bored However not planning to break his promise to Zelda of staying with the others just quite yet. So he stayed. Eventually however his mind wandered to what Zelda had said to him about the problem with Vaati.