Even after everything?

" D' you seriously expect me to believe that you're actually Vi?" after their awkward exchange in the forest Shadow had taken him to a large underground cave, his arms folded as he gave Vio a suspicious look.

Rolling his eyes he retorted, "No of course I don't Shadow, we both know that I've lied to you before."

To that Shadow chuckled, "True, but still neither us can be sure that we're really each other huh"

"Yeah.. But I'm sure there are certain things that only the two of us know that no magical clone could.." Vio nodded shrugging his shoulders.

Raising an eyebrow Shadow tilted his head, "Like what exactly? There were only so many things that the two of us knew."

Vio gave his characteristic smirk, " Like the cloak? We designed it together and when we were trying to actually make it you drank or ate something weird then started trying to tell me that I looked like an octorok but skinnier."

" Yeah but that doesn't prove nothin' 'cause I got drunk off my ass that night"

"I know you did, what about this," clasping his hands together he looked down at them, " When we were celebrating Green's death at Death Mountain I was skeptic of drinking whatever that liquid you gave me was because of the smell"

Poking sheepishly at the fire with a stick he tilted his head, "If you know thatWhat did I tell ya it was?"

Scrunching his nose Vio pulled his knees to his chest, "Apple juice from the Dark realm."

Smiling slightly Shadow thought maybe this one really is him and not one of those damn illusions like the last few times, glancing up at the small boy claiming to be his traitorous friend. The only real problem he had about believing him was the fact that he was a hell of a lot shorter than he remembered Vio being. He'd be about fifteen by now which means he'd be taller not shorter, but so far everything the kid had said matched up perfectly..

"Shadow?" he was snapped out of his thoughts as Vio(?) lifted his head to look at him, " I can completely understand if you don't believe me.it's just I've been trying for so long to find anything I could do to see you again"

His eyes widened as he looked over at the other boy in shock none of the clones sent to taunt him were like this, "But why would you even want to? I burned villages to the ground, hurt people, hell I even tried to get you to kill a part of yourself!"

"Because you're my friend Shadow.even if you did do all of that," he scratched nervously at his sword hand which appeared to be a bit swollen.

"Wait a secWhat happened t' yer hand?"

"Well I touched a weird plant in the forest," lifting the swollen hand Vio observed it in the firelight the blotched skin shining as he did.

Curious Shadow walked over wanting to see it for himself, "D' you know what the plant was called?"

He nodded mumbling, " I think it's called a nettle, it looked like it had a couple of long stems and a light purplish flower at the top"

"Okay I think I know about that plantCan I see your hand for a sec?" the other boy nodded letting the violette look at his hand. The skin was red and blotchy signs of a rash and future blisters already showing up of course Shadow recognized the signs knowing exactly what he'd done, "Just for future reference don't touch those without gloves or somethin' on 'cause I think your havin' a bad reaction t' it..Also your probably gonna have some blisters from it too"

Vio groaned, "That just great" Shadow chuckled at the boys reaction.

"There's one last thing you need t' tell me to prove that yer really Vi." His happy demeanor became grim as Vio nodded, "On the first night you stayed with me, I woke up screaming in terrorWhat did you do to try 'nd calm me down?"