Chapter 7 : Wedding Nerves

Start from the beginning

"Hi.", Jinyoung said as she got into the car and she smiled a bit at him.

They ended up driving around for hours, talking a bit.

"Why?", Jisoo asked out of a sudden, they were now at the park, sitting on the bench while having ice cream.

"Why what?", Jinyoung asked.

"Why'd you decide to take me on a drive? So out of the blue..I mean, I enjoy this alot..but why?", she asked curiously.

"I don't know..just felt like it.", he smiled.

And a part of Jisoo realised that if this was the man she was going to marry...so be it.

-

4 Months passed by fast, before they knew it, they were 3 days away from the wedding, the closer the wedding got, the more freaked out Jisoo got, despite everyone, including herself, telling her she'll be alright.

Jisoo showed up at her sister's doorstep, 2 nights before the wedding.
She pressed the doorbell, and was greeted by her brother-in-law and her niece who was asleep in his arms.

"Jisoo? Aren't you supposed to be at home? Preparing for the wedding?", Haein asked, surprised.

"Hi oppa, y-yes I am but I wanted to talk to unnie.", Jisoo said, as her voice cracked.

"Sure, she's in the kitchen, you okay?", he asked.

"Yeah, just..wedding nerves.", Jisoo said as he led her to the kitchen.

"Jisoo?", Sojin said, surprised when she saw her sister.

"Alright, you both talk, I'm going to put Haejin to bed.", he smiled.

"Thank you.", Sojin smiled at him and turned to Jisoo, "What's up? Are you okay? Nervous?", Sojin asked as she held her sister's hands.

"I can't-", Jisoo broke down into tears.

"Jisoo.", Sojin said, shocked seeing her crying so suddenly, "What's wrong?", she asked, concerned.

"I..can't do this..I don't want to.", Jisoo said in between sobs. Sojin looked at her sympathetically and pulled her little sister in for a hug, "Please..please get me out of this.", she sobbed, "I've already checked..t-the next flight is in 3 hou-"

"Hey..hey, Jisoo, what flight are you talking about? Jisoo you'll be fine.", she said in shock after pulling away and wiping her tears with her thumb, times like these is when Jisoo seemed really like her baby sister she used to comfort back then.

"I don't love him and he doesn't love me, this won't work.", she sobbed, "I'm scared.., I really am..", she said as more tears started slipping.

"Shhh Jisoo, it will, it's different for everyone, believe me, Jisoo, would our parents ever set us up to something knowing it won't work?", she asked and Jisoo stayed quiet, "Would they?", Sojin asked looking at her sister symphatetically, and Jisoo sniffled and slowly shook her head, "Right, they won't, so don't worry, it's unfortunate that you have no say in this, but I pray this will work out for you.", Sojin said as she lightly squeezed her sister's hands.

"Thank you.", Jisoo said, tearing up once again.

"Come here, you'll be okay.", Sojin said as she hugged Jisoo and Jisoo hugged her back, "Now stop crying, you look a mess.", Sojin laughed and Jisoo wiped her tears and gave a small smile.

"Do you think I'll be alright? I know I keep asking this, but I'm just scared of what's to come, one moment I'm okay with it but then I just breakdown..", she trailed.