Lost Years (Part 10)

A/N: I told you I'd post the next part even if I didn't get anything else done, didn't I? This was supposed to be split in two parts at first but I didn't really feel the need to do that. At first I wanted to do it so I wouldn't rush into anything but it felt a bit weird to split it since this whole part is about Bucky just... processing stuff, I guess. But hey, next part will be... something different. I think some of you might have a hunch about what's about to happen based on what happened in Part 9.

Warning: fluff, angst

Waking up to hear whispers outside the bedroom, Bucky rubbed his hands over his eyes before opening one. He looked around, realizing he was in your bedroom. A lazy smile spread over his lips as he glanced at the door, it was closed. Bucky could hear you whispering outside and soon the door opened.

You stepped inside the room while holding Ava in your arms. You smiled at Bucky as your gaze locked on his. "Good morning," you said quietly.

"Good morning," Bucky answered just as quietly.

Ava's head perked up from your shoulder after hearing his voice. You set Ava down and she started waddling up to the bed, placing her hands on Bucky's arm and smiling.

Bucky was quick to lift Ava up and he hugged her to his chest. He noticed you taking small steps to the bed as well. The mattress moved under him as you took a seat next to the two. You lied down on your side, running your fingers over Ava's cheek as she rested her head on Bucky.

Bucky stared down at you, mouth slightly agape. He couldn't believe he was with you, waking up to have you two come in the room to wish him a good morning. He never though waking up early in the morning could be so wonderful. He was in awe.

He felt Ava's little hands moving to his hair, playing with the strands. She sat up on his chest and tugged, giggling.

Bucky tickled her sides which made the little girl giggle even more. She laughed so hard she almost fell off of Bucky. He was quick to grab her, though.

Ava's hands were soon on Bucky's face and she smiled, swinging her little legs. She then plopped down on her front, falling right over Bucky's face.

You laughed loudly, watching as Bucky lifted Ava to his lap. He sat up and scooted closer to the headboard. He turned to you to see you already looking at him. He smiled, making the corners of your lips flicker up as well.

"I wish I could wake up like this every day," he said quietly, holding Ava's small hand in his as she slapped her other one on his chest, not receiving enough attention.

"Me too," you agreed, sitting up. You leaned towards him and pressed your lips gently on his. He hummed into the kiss which made you smile again. Suddenly a hand was placed between you and Bucky as Ava let out a yell as a protest. Bucky and you both turned to look at Ava in confusion only for her to bury her face in his chest while splaying her arms on him.

"Hey," you whispered and lowered your face to Ava's level. "I saw him first, he's mine," you said jokingly, amused by how jealous Ava was that you were getting more attention from Bucky. "She really needs to have all the attention, doesn't she?" You wondered out loud before placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Well she did just wake up, didn't she?" Bucky asked quietly, making you look up at him with a smile.

"She did."

"She gets clingy when sleepy."

"She does," you said with a nod. "She also needs food like right now before she starts throwing a fit."

Bucky Barnes ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara