Sick of Hiding

"Survivors of abuse show us the strength of their personal spirit every time they smile." 
― Jeanne McElvaney, Healing Insights: Effects of Abuse for Adults Abused as Children 

Request: I was wondering if I could request where (Y/N) has been emotionally abused for a good part of her life.She is still kinda young (early 20's), and she is still living at home; however, she still goes on missions. One day she is extremely depressed after her mother verbally attacked her again. The results can be either, she turns suicidal (as in doing something reckless on a mission) or she goes to her special splayed (the rooftop of the facility/wood near the facility). Bucky finds out and helps?

A/N: I've never experienced something like this myself, so this was definitely a challenge. Don't know how I did... I'll just wait for you to tell me. Also, I chose to write both, becoming suicidal and hiding out on the rooftop so, hope you don't mind.

Warning(s): emotional abuse, suicidal actions

***

I'm not good with expressing my opinions, feelings and stuff but I just feel like I should say something here before you read this imagine.

Don't keep quiet about abuse.

It doesn't matter if it's emotional , physical or sexual abuse, no matter what kind it is, it's still abuse. Nobody deserves to go through all that pain.

If you are an abuse victim, tell someone. I swear there is someone who wants to help you and if you don't take the small step to actually say something, it's harder for people to help you.

I understand it's hard to come forward and actually say something but that's what you have to do if you want help.

You deserve to get help when needed.

***

Emotional abuse.

That's something you were awfully familiar with.

In your 20 years of life, you had been emotionally abused for the most part of it. Your mother was always verbally attacking you, making you think you weren't good enough and telling you how awful of a daughter you were.

What was worse than all that was that she somehow got you to believe all the things she was spitting out with anger.

You had done nothing but try to gain her approval, her respect but it was all for nothing. She never appreciated you the way you deserved to be appreciated. She never treated you like a daughter or a human being for that matter.

You were pretty good at hiding all that since there were no visible scars to be shown to other people. The only scars you had were in your mind, bothering you everyday.

One morning your mother verbally attacked you again, it was nothing unusual but you had finally had enough. You left your house, bawling your eyes out as you made your way to the Avengers facility.

When you got to the facility, you had stopped crying. but the redness of your eyes and the sniffles that you let out every few seconds was enough proof for anyone to realize you had been crying.