Our Happen Ending (Dean x Reader)

Heavily based off IU’s Ending scene and other songs similar.

Y/N walked into the busy cafe nervously. Her body involuntarily shaked as her heart trembled in fear. She haven’t saw Hyuk in over a year since the day she decided she needed to let go of her feelings. He was going to be happily married soon and it would be ridiculous to keep trying to keep what she thought they had in her heart. She can’t hold onto something that wasn’t hers in the first place.

It was fate.

This is always how it ended for her. Always wanting something she couldn’t have and by the end she’ll never get it. It was just her luck. 

Sadly, in this case it was him. Her first love, Kwon Hyuk.

Well, first unrequited love.

She spent the first few months avoiding his calls and texts. Then she moved from her old apartment that left too many happy yet bitter memories hoping that she could forget everything that included him. Even though she tried to run away all that kept running through her mind was the happy memories they’ve spent. No matter how much she tried to remember the bad moments she couldn’t bring herself to hate him.

It wasn’t Hyuk’s fault that he didn’t know. It was her fault that she was stupid to think that he would know. It was her fault that when she had a chance to finally get her feelings out she fell coward to the thought of him never returning the same.

Her fears came true. He fell in love with someone else and she couldn’t do anything about it. She realized that and decided it was best to find some type of closure so that night she finally answered his call.

Y/N looked at her phone as it buzzed on the kitchen table with the same familiar ringtone. The only ringtone that belongs to him.

She took a deep breathe as she shakingly picked up the phone in her hands. She bit her lips nervously as she swipes the phone to answer.

“ Y-Y/N?! I thought you would never answer me. Where the hell have you been? You had me so worried that something happened.” His velvety voice boomed over the phone’s speaker making her tear up. She bit even harder on her bottom lip to hold in her whimpers.

She missed his voice so much.

“ Are you there? Please answer me…. Y/N….Y/N?”

“ Hello Hyuk-ssi. It’s been awhile, hasn't it? Your voice still sounds the same.” she smiled sadly at his sigh of relief.

“ Is that all you can say after disappearing for almost over an year? I called mom and pops and they said you haven’t been feeling so good for awhile. Is everything alright?” he asks worriedly.

Y/N put the phone on mute as she finally let go of the whimpers she held. She wasn’t okay and she wanted to tell him but she couldn’t. She just couldn’t.

“ Y/N?” he called her name again

She wiped her face vigorously trying to make it seem like she was okay.

“I-I’m sorry I was just trying to text my boss something so my mind was somewhere else.” she answered semi happily.  Hyuk could hear the sadness is her voice but he knew if he pressed further he wouldn’t get answers. Well…. He knew what was wrong but he didn’t expect for her to up and leave without saying goodbye.

“ Oh…. I see. I want to see you.” Y/N eyes went big at the random confession but soon her heart began to slow. Of course he would, she disappeared for almost a year and they were best friends at some point.