Happy Birthday Lauren!

Zacznij od początku

"Ok, you're right, thanks mom. See you around seven or eight, thank you!" I waved to her as I walked into the mud room I grabbed my keys to my black Prius.

Troy and Marcus were picking Lauren up and taking her out for coffee this morning while Ruth and I would decorate her locker. I pulled into the student parking lot, grabbed my backpack and ran inside to meet Ruth by Lauren's locker.

"It's about time, I almost finished." Ruth teased as she stuck a bow on the locker.

"Had to wrap my gifts to her, and literally hit every light on the way here, I think the universe is against me today." I laughed.

Ruth laughed and handed me supplies, when we finally finished decorating Lauren's multi colored, balloon wrapping paper locker, the first bell rang. Almost immediately after it sounded, kids started to fill the hallway.

My phone buzzed, it was Troy, "Troy said they just pulled up, they'll be here in five." I told Ruth who was jumping up and down with excitement.

"Yeah! Gods I hope she likes it. Come on, let's hide by the wall over there, I want to see her reaction when we jump out and surprise her." Ruth grabbed my hand and dragged me over behind the wall.

Moments later we saw Troy, Marcus and Lauren navigating their way down the hall. Lauren was laughing at something Marcus had said and the three of them were shoving each other all the way to her locker. When they reached it, Lauren stopped laughing, she cupped her hands over her mouth. Ruth and I leaped out from our hiding place, "surprise! Happy birthday Lauren!" We cheered.

"Oh my gods you guys, how did you? When did you?" Lauren was beaming at the locker then us.

"The locker was by Luke and I, we decorated it this morning while these two took you out for coffee." Ruth put her arm around Lauren.

"Aw, thanks you guys, you're the best." Lauren gave us a hug.

"Don't mention it, come on let's get to class. The day gets funner after school." Marcus said.

"Funner? Really Marcus, is that even a real word?" Lauren smirked.

"According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary published in 2016 yes, funner is a word." Marcus answered proudly.

"Wow, I didn't know that. But I'm still not going to use it." Lauren giggled.

"Hold up, I knew something Lauren didn't? Is it my birthday or something? Holy Hades thank you for this moment." Marcus teased, Lauren bumped his shoulder.

"This is one time, don't get used to it. Come on, I gotta get to pre-calc." Lauren grumbled.

"Yeah, we probably shouldn't be late to that class" I said in agreement and the five of us dispersed to our morning classes.

---

There were five minutes left of sixth period, meaning that I was five minutes away from the weekend. From the other side of the room, Andrea kept staring at me and batting her eyelashes. I kept my eyes off of her and focused them on the clock.

A month ago you'd think she'd take the hint but nope, I must've received three Valentines Day chocolate boxes from her today. My locker was covered in little hearts all from guess who...Andrea.

At some point today, she'd taped a paper bag the held my chocolates on my locker door. I threw away all the hearts on my locker, but I wasn't stupid. She'd given me three free boxes of Bissingers chocolate, there was no way I'd throw those away. I did however throw away the gross, sappy cards though. Can't she see I'm not interested in her at all?