Chapter 27

Maybe I should open the door a crack and see what's going on? But he said stay in here....But if I just peak out I'm technically still inside, right? Nodding her head and steeling her nerves, Ana pushed open the door a crack, before abruptly slamming it closed. A headless body had been heading straight for her. She let out a sob, sliding down the door and covering her ears. This is crazy! There's a whole supernatural fight and the only exit is being blocked by said fight! There's got a be another way out of here because there is no way I'm staying long enough to see how this all plays out. Standing on shaky legs, she began moving back the way they'd come, one hand permanently attached to the wall. Ana kept sharp eyes on her surroundings, trying to find another passage that could lead to the exit. She had been walking for what couldn't have been more than five minutes when she felt a chill race down her spine. She didn't even spare a glance over her shoulder to see what it was before sprinting down the hall. Her eyes raked over the walls, cursing her luck at the lack of any sort of defensive weapon. The chill increased, seconds before arms encircled her waist. 

"Going somewhere my dear?" The man clicked his tongue before dragging her back towards the door leading outside. "The main event has only just begun. We can't have our star running out in the middle, now can we?" Ana screamed and thrashed, but the man only chuckled, before throwing open the doors. The fighting was winding down at this point, with most of the vampires defeated. Taito and his warriors were panting as they finished the last of their opponents off, sweat and blood mingling on their bodies. None of them seemed to be too heavily damaged, however. But everyone paused to see the reason the doors had opened. Ana stood, still struggling, with her arms trapped at her side by the arm wound around her waist. One of the vampires had her neck pressed painfully to the side, fully exposing it. All he had to do was lean down slightly to make a meal of her - she was completely at his mercy. Taito growled a warning before stepping forward, only to be halted by Ivan.

"Now, now. We wouldn't want anything to happen to her because of any rash moves, now would we?" Taito's glare intensified, but the wolves stayed where they were. Ivan clapped his hands and moved back until he was right beside Ana, cupping her face. "Such flawless skin. It would be a shame if something happened to change that. Of course, that all depends on you." He turned back around and spread his arms wide. "Surrender to me and I'll let your woman go. If not, well I'll kill her slowly, draining every drop of blood in her body." Ana continued to squirm, but to no avail. She could tell her captor was starting to become irritated with all of her movements though. She wiggled until she could move her legs, then stomped hard on his foot. He flinched, and loosened his grip enough for her to shoot out of his arms. She made a mad dash for Taito, her arms reaching for him. He sprang at her, hands almost connecting until she was yanked back. Ivan tsked, his face changing to a maniacal grin. "I do hate when others interrupt. But since you want to die so bad..." He pushed her head to the side and bit down. Ana screamed and went limp, and all Taito saw was red.

"ANA!!!"

As always, thank you to my wonderful readers. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and see you next time!